We are a Green Business Certified, Travel Company
HotelPlanner.com, a green business certified travel company, believes in environmentally friendly practices and systems to help reduce our "foot print" on earth.
Our company employs the following eco-friendly practices in order to do our part in reducing waste and conserving energy.
- We have replaced incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent lights, which can last up to 10 times longer.
- 99% of our internal and external documents are paperless and distributed electronically. All incoming and outgoing faxes are electronic.
- All paper, plastic, metal cans, and other reusable waste products are recycled.
- Ceiling fans have been installed to increase air circulation and reduce the need for air conditioning.
- Lights are turned off during non-business hours.
- Computers all contain energy saving mechanisms to "sleep" and conserve energy when they are not used.
- Paper products (towels, napkins & copy paper) purchased are unbleached (no chlorine, or "PFC").
- Used ink cartridges are recycled.
- Employees are financially incentivised to walk, bike, car pool or use public transportation when they travel to and from work.
- Old kitchen appliances have been replaced with new "energy saver" appliances.