With a stay at The Desoto Savannah in Savannah (Historic Downtown Savannah), you'll be a 3-minute walk from Savannah College of Art and Design and 9 minutes by foot from Savannah Civic Center. This 4-star hotel is 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from Forsyth Park and 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from River Street.
Grab a bite at Edgar's P&P, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/café. Unwind at the end of the day with a drink at the bar/lounge or the poolside bar. Local cuisine breakfasts are available daily from 6:30 AM to 11 AM for a fee.
Make yourself at home in one of the 246 air-conditioned rooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Girl Scout First Headquarters - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Cathedral of St. John the Baptist - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Madison Square - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Lafayette Square - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Andrew Low House - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Green-Meldrim House - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Savannah Theatre - 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
Savannah College of Art and Design - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Flannery O'Connor Childhood Home - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Chippewa Square - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Mickve Israel Temple - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Pulaski Square - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Monterey Square - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Mercer Williams House Museum - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
The nearest airports are:
Savannah - Hilton Head Intl. Airport (SAV) - 17.5 km / 10.9 mi
Hilton Head Island, SC Airport (HHH) - 56.5 km / 35.1 mi
The preferred airport for The Desoto Savannah is Savannah - Hilton Head Intl. Airport (SAV).
Featured amenities include express check-in, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Savannah? This hotel has facilities measuring 20000 square feet (1858 square meters), including conference space.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities including an outdoor pool and a fitness center. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands. Getting to the surf and sand is a breeze with the beach shuttle (surcharge).
Some of the “green” initiatives that take place here at The DeSoto come from many areas- some are seen and many are not visible to the public:
• Linen Re-use program giving guests the option to reuse their linens; card in room describing program.
• Lights and equipment awareness program to ensure that public areas are ‘darkened’ when not in use.
• All lights are turned out in vacant guest rooms, guest room sheer curtain and black out curtain are pulled completely closed in order to help maintain temperature.
• Office purchasing of recycled paper and participate in recycling of ink cartridges for printers.
• Utilization of an all-in-one copier, fax, scanner to save on electricity.
• Recycling of paper for interoffice reports, in addition to printing on back and front as an office best practice
• Implementation of fluorescent energy efficient lighting.
• All lobby restroom toilets and urinals have been retrofitted to automatic, low flush (water flow).
• All lobby restroom sinks operate with motion detecting valves and the valve orifices reduce the amount of water sent to the drain.
• Variable frequency drives are installed on facility pumps, motors, and other operating systems to reduce electrical demand and deliver only the power required.
• Heating/Cooling System allows for air quality, heating ventilation, and cooling system efficiency through sequencing of facility chiller units, carbon dioxide checks, and reporting.
• Use of drip irrigation to reduce water usage
• Starting to implement process on converting waste cooking oil into fuel for boilers
• Super efficient low NOX boilers
• Durable Service Items: We use dishes, cups, glasses, mugs, tableware and serving pieces that are long-lasting, not disposable.
• Purchase of local seafood whenever possible
• Purchase of local organic vegetables when available
• Sustainable banquet menu available with free-range chicken, seasonal and signature South Georgia ingredients, Wild Georgia Shrimp
• Donate extra food to associate cafeteria
• Use of eMenus, eProposals, and digital contracts
• Linens and guest room hard/soft goods donated to charity seasonally to cut down on landfill waste
• The DeSoto recommends using pitchers of water at meetings, rather than bottled water
• Energy/safety steering committee comprised of an employee representative from each are of the hotel meets monthly to discuss and brainstorm on ways we can conserve
Amenities / Features
Airport & Shuttle Information
Hilton Head-Savannah International Airport 14 miles, 20 minute drive.
Local Shuttle Info: Shuttle services available at an additional fee schedule through K-Shuttle. Taxi services available current rates are $28.00 one way
Full southern breakfast available on-site, in addition quick items to go at our lobby kiosk offering fresh pastries, Savannah Coffee Roaster's coffee
Service animals complying with ADA Title lll regulations are allowed.
Pets not allowed
Service Animals only
We have 2 levels of underground valet only parking, currently at $25 per night. Includes full in and out privileges. Clearance height is 6'2"
Internet / WiFI
Currently standard wi-fi is offered on a complimentary basis in guest rooms and public areas of the hotel, including bar, restaurant and hotel lobby.
Misc Fees / Policies
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10.00 and USD 18.00 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 34.00 per night (in/out privileges)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A 6.0 percent city/local tax will be charged
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- Parking height restrictions apply.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks, will be available to guests.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; temperature checks are available to guests; guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
- Contactless check-out is available.
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 24 hours between bookings.
- The property affirms that it adheres to the SafeStay (AHLA - USA) sanitization guidelines.
Property is cleaned with disinfectant
Staff wears personal protective equipment
Protective clothing is available to guests
Masks are available to guests
Shield between guests and staff in main contact areas
Guests are provided with free hand sanitizer
Social distancing measures are in place
Individually-wrapped food options are available
Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast
gap period enforced between guest stays 24 hours
Staff temperature checks are conducted regularly
Temperature checks are available to guests
Bed sheets and towels are washed at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F
Commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant
Property confirms they are implementing guest safety measures
Contactless check-out is available
Property follows sanitization practices of SafeStay (AHLA - USA)
Property confirms they are implementing enhanced cleaning measures