Verified Reviews of Howard Johnson Below are the verified reviews from guests that we have booked recently:
Overall Score1.0/ 5
(1) Rooms are not very clean (b) Bathrooms not thoroughly cleaned or necessities replaced (c) The TV remote wasn't working. I had to get the master control remote control to be able to watch news (after going without TV for two days) (d) the Internet wasn't working and therefore could not do my work. Frustration. (e) breakfast area is small and dirty. (f) bed linen really dirt and unhealthy I was very disappointed.
27-Feb-2016 Verified Review
"Room was okay"
Overall Score3.0/ 5
Nothing to write home about. The room had an odour, the bureau was broken, the tub did not look inviting; room 136. The pool area needed some revamping.
17-Apr-2014 Verified Review
Customer Reviews of Howard Johnson
What you need to know
Hotel Features – In a prime location near Tampa International Airport, the pet-friendly Howard Johnson – Tampa Airport hotel provides a great space for guests visiting the city for business or pleasure. Event and conference rooms offer ideal and convenient locations for small meetings of up to 20 people.
Guest Rooms – Each room at the Howard Johnson – Tampa Airport includes a coffeemaker, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, and an iron and ironing board for guests’ convenience. Free cable TV, including HBO and ESPN, and free wireless high-speed Internet access are also available in all rooms.
Nearby Attractions – Guests at the Howard Johnson – Tampa Airport enjoy convenient access to many nearby attractions. Raymond James Stadium and Yankee Legends Field are both within a mile of the hotel, and the Florida Aquarium and Port of Tampa cruise lines are within five miles. McDill Air Force Base is also nearby. Several dining options are either on-site or right next to the hotel, including favorites like Bennigan’s, Denny’s, Macaroni Grill, Wendy’s, and LongHorn Steakhouse.
Perks & Amenities – Guests of the Howard Johnson – Tampa Airport enjoy free Rise’n Dine continental breakfast every morning. There is free parking for RVs and trucks, and long-term parking is available for up to two weeks at a rate of $10 per week. The hotel also features an outdoor pool for guests’ enjoyment. Guests can make local phone calls and send faxes for a small charge. Safes are also available for $1 a day, as well as rollaway beds for $10 a day.
Expert Tip – Be sure to take advantage of the hotel’s free shuttle to and from Tampa International Airport. It runs from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. The shuttle is also available to take guests to the Port of Tamps for $10 per person.
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:||2010|
|Corridors:||All Rooms Have Exterior Hallways|
|Non Smoking Rooms:||75|
|Room Windows:||Windows Do Open|
|Meeting Rooms:||0 |
|Dist. to Food/Bars:|| On-site |
|Dist. to 24hr Restaurant:|| 0.3 Mi |
|Dist. to Nearest Gym:|| 1.0 Mi | Policies / Expenses
|Total Misc Fees:||$1.00 USD |
(mandatory resort fees/taxes)
Amenities / Features Pet Friendly? Yes! Pets are allowed.
Airport & Shuttle Information
Local Shuttle Info: free shuttle
Airport Shuttle? Yes!
There is an airport shuttle.
About Howard Johnson
- Rise and Dine breakfast offering coffee, fruit juices, and baked goods
- In-room coffee and High speed internet access in every room
- Pet friendly at participating locations
- Home Office Rooms ideal for business travelers which includes a work desk and a comfortable chair with a refrigerator and microwave
The Howard Johnson highlights above are subject to change without notice.