Peninsula Hotel is located on the North coast of Crete, just 25km from the island's capital, Heraklion, in the village of Agia Pelagia.The hotel is built amphitheatrically on a peninsula, forming a unique panoramic view of the Mediterranean Sea. The hotel offers direct access to three different swimming locations, ideal for swimming and snorkeling due to their protection from the frequent northeastern winds that regularly affect the North of Crete.In terms of facilities and services, Peninsula Heraklion hotel consists of 250 elegant and modern guest rooms. In-room standard features include air conditioning, satellite TV and a fridge. Furthermore, the hotel features: 2 outdoor and 1 indoor swimming pool, 2 children's pools, 2 tennis courts, 1 multi-use court, a children's mini club and playground, 2 ping-pong tables and billiards. Wi-Fi is available throughout the entire hotel and is free of charge in the reception area.The buffet restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, which can all be enjoyed with the spectacular view of the sea. Drinks can be enjoyed at the 4 bars available. The animation program organizes a variety of different activities everyday for both children and adults.Peninsula Hotel in Heraklion is the ideal destination for those seeking both relaxation and enjoyable holidays in Crete.
Peninsula Hotel in Heraklion was first established in 1984 and has ever since strived to offer high-quality and enjoyable holidays for all those wishing to visit and explore Crete. Some of the key advantages that distinguish the hotel are described:
- Located in the heart of Crete just 3 km from the local fish village of Agia Pelagia and 25 km from Heraklion Airport. This allows for a secluded, relaxed environment, yet also gives the guest the ability to visit all of the island's prominent sites and attractions.
- The hotel is built on an actual peninsula between two coves sheltered from the winds and offering stunning panoramic views of the sea.
- Access to three different beaches ideal for swimming/snorkeling due to their crystal-clear waters and protection from frequent northwestern winds (SEE HOTEL MAP):Peninsula Beach Bar (concrete deck platform with beach bar serving drinks/food), Mononaftis Beach (sand and pebble beach with many taverns and a certified diving center), Psaromoura Beach (sand and pebble beach with a small beach bar)
2) Comfort and Entertainment:
- Spacious, modern and elegant rooms with verandas or balconies.Housekeeping service every day (excluding Sundays)
- Friendly atmosphere with multilingual staff.
- Facilities for a range of different sports.
- Experienced animation team in charge of organizing daily activities (aqua gym, games, etc), shows and music at night, Mini Club for kids.
- Traditional Cretan Night every week with Greek food and live music and dances.
- Highly affordable prices offering great value for money.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet service with live cooking offering a variety of International and Greek dishes.
- All-Inclusive, Half-Board packages with special offer deals available.
- Free Wi-Fi in reception area.
- Free Parking
As a hotel we understand that the Earth’s resources are not infinite and that there exists a great need to preserve the natural environment if we want ourselves, and future generations to continue to enjoy it. As such since 2012 we have begun slowly but surely minimizing the impact of our operations to environment. Below we summarize current practices that contribute to our ‘Green Thinking” policy:
Energy & Recycling:
- Solar energy panels are used for heating water.
- Energy Efficent light bulbs are installed in most areas.
- Non-Smoking Rooms.
- Double Opening Glass Doors.
- Individual A/C Units for individual control.
- Cotton towels and linens for bathroom and bedroom used.
- Hot and cold water pipe insulation.
- You will notice that white is one of the theme colors of the hotel. This is not solely for visual purposes but also helps reflect the sun and thus have cooler temperatures in the hotel. This particularly important in the summer season where temperatures can be very high. Hopefully this reduces the need for the A/C and thus the consumption of energy.
Biodiversity, Health, and Organic Products
- Recycled water is used for watering the gardens.
- The hotel owns it’s own olive trees which are used to cover part of the needs of the hotel in terms of olive oil and olives.
- Battery, glass, metal, paper, plastic and used cooking oil recycling is conducted.
- Use of bio fertilizers for the gardens.
- Gas stoves in kitchen.
- Liquid soap dispensers in public toilets.
- Local organic products are preffered as much as possible.
- Many rooms and bungalows are spread within the dense gardens of the hotel containing local plants and flowers that add freshness to the microclimate and allow rainwater to reach the soil.
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:
||Both Interior and Exterior Hallways
|Non Smoking Rooms:
||Windows Do Open
||3000 sq. feet
||Holds 400 people
|Dist. to Food/Bars:
|Dist. to 24hr Restaurant:
|Dist. to Nearest Gym:
||10:00AM - 01:00AM
The hotel has three pools. Two large outdoor pool and one smaller heated indoor pool within the hotel Wellness Center.
Policies / Expenses
If canceled up to 4 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged. If canceled or modified up to 2 days before date of arrival, 30 percent of the total price of the reservation will be charged. If canceled later or in case of no-show, the total pric
|Typical Group Deposit:
|Total Misc Fees:
(mandatory resort fees/taxes)
|VAT: Value Added Tax:
|| 6.50 VAT % Inclusive
|Rooms Wireless Internet Fee:
|| 0.00 Per Day
Amenities / Features
Sorry, pets are not allowed.
Airport & Shuttle Information
The hotel is located approximately 25km from Heraklion International Airport (HER).
The one-way cost for a taxi from the airport to the hotel is = 40€
Local Shuttle Info: You can also get the public bus (known as KTEL in Greek) from the Central Bus Station in Heraklion. The bus makes a stop right outside the hotel. For the times of departure and arrival check with the reception as these may vary. Heraklion is connected with the rest of Crete by regular bus lines operated by two KTEL companies. The coaches are modern, comfortable and air-conditioned. Fare is reasonable and much more affordable than taxies.There are two bus stations in Heraklion:Bus station A, (near the Heraklion port).
The main station used by lines to/from other prefectures (Chania, Rethymno, Lasithi) and lines to the eastern part of Heraklion prefecture.Bus station B, (at the Chania Gate (Chanioporta) at the west border of old city).
Used mainly by lines to/from the southern part of Heraklion prefecture.
Airport Shuttle? Sorry
airport shuttle available.