Terrebonne Folklife Culture Center, Southdown and Ardoyne Plantation Museums, Regional Military Museum, LUMCON (LA Universities Marine Consortuim), Downtown Art Gallery 630, Bayou Terrebonne Waterlife Museum, Acadian Deporation Cross Monument, Alligator Farm Tours, Golf Courses.
Extended-stay travelers play by different rules and need a hotel that understands their unique needs. Candlewood Suites Houma is designed from the ground up just for you. Just minutes from the Gulf of Mexico and 45 miles from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY), our hotel's location in Houma, Louisiana is perfect for everything from a family vacation to a business trip. Gaining customer satisfaction is our hotel's motto.
Leisure guests love going to Southdown Plantation and Cajun Water Tours, which is less than eight miles from our hotel's property. Guests will enjoy strolling in historic downtown as well as shopping and dining within walking distance. Business patrons love our hotel's location in Houma, LA because we're close to corporations like BP, Halliburton, Baker Hughes, John Deere and Cooper Cameron. Candlewood Suites Houma gives you the amenities that make you feel at home. Fully equipped suites with full kitchens, room to spread out, space to work and space to relax.
While staying at our hotel's property in Houma, LA, guests feel at home thanks to great amenities, including free high-speed Internet access, a Fitness Center, an outdoor pool and fully equipped suites with full kitchens, room to spread out, space to work and space to relax, plus there's shopping and dining within walking distance.
Situated just 6 miles from our hotel's location in Houma, LA, the Southdown Plantation is a 19th-century sugar manor house that has become a museum due to its vast history and unique architectural design. Exhibits, Cajun recipes and fun await you here!
Our hotel's guests are in Houma, LA, so they simply must find out why this city specializes in the Louisianan Cajun Swamp tours. Take a tour and you will find yourself face to face with alligators, rare birds and other wild creatures and plant life.
When you stay with us, dress for a warm climate from spring to fall and mild one for winter. Layering your clothing is recommended by our hotel's staff, as Houma, Louisiana averages in the mid 40s during the winter up to the low 90s in the summer months.
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:
||All Rooms Have Interior Hallways
|Non Smoking Rooms:
||Windows Do Open
|Dist. to Food/Bars:
|Dist. to 24hr Restaurant:
|Dist. to Nearest Gym:
24 Hours; outdoor pool with adjoining Gazebo.
Policies / Expenses
6 pm day of check-in
|Total Misc Fees:
(mandatory resort fees/taxes)
Amenities / Features
Yes! Pets are allowed.
Pet friendly. Pet walking trail and pet waste disposal station. $25 per night pet fee.
Airport & Shuttle Information
Louis Armstrong New Orleans Airport, 50 miles; 57 minutes, shuttle and taxi availability ranging from $100.00- $120.00 one way.
Airport Shuttle? Sorry
airport shuttle available.
Candlewood Cupboard is a small convenience store located in lobby. Meat, dairy, frozen meal and snack options.
About Candlewood Suites
- Home-like enviroment, great for an extended stay
- Fully equipped kitchens with a full-size refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher, microwave and stovetop, dishes, cookware, and utensils
- Free high-speed internet access and a large workspace available in each guest room
- TV with DVD player and a comfortable recliner
- Comforts of Home Bedding Collection with soft pillows, high quality sheets, and a comfortable mattress set
- Provide a Lending Locker service where guests can borrow common household items to use during their stay
- Pets are welcome weighing less than 80 lbs
- Free local calls and two phone lines with data port as an added convenience
- Candlewood Cupboard offers a Brown Bag Breakfast for a meal on the go
- Candlewood Gazebo Grill gives guests a great outdoor dining experience ideal for groups
- Free guest laundry open 24/7 with detergent and other laundry items available at a decent price
- Great fitness area
- Housekeeping on a weekly basis
The Candlewood Suites highlights above are subject to change without notice.