The Perfect Complement To Washington DC Tourism…Nestled on Capitol Hill, adjacent to the U.S. Capitol Building, The Hotel George provides the most strategic location for business and leisure travel to Washington DC. Situated on E Street, NW, at the nu
An Avant-Garde Choice Of Washington DC Area Hotels…The Hotel George is the very first style-conscious Capitol Hill hotel, bringing left-wing design and right-wing comfort together in perfect harmony. Originally built in 1928, our Washington DC area hotel has been dramatically re-sculpted to incorporate large expanses of glass, stainless steel, and fossilized coral stone – all within a traditional facade. With splashes of neo-modern contemporary design elements to enhance the public spaces and guest rooms, this unique Washington DC boutique hotel is further complimented by a signature collection of modern artwork.Bold design is a theme that permeates this Washington DC area hotel. All guest rooms of this Capitol Hill hotel are steeped in a cool beige and cream color scheme that provides a residential feel to the interior. Our affiliate restaurant, Bistro Bis, exudes the same cunning craft for style. Located adjacent to our Washington DC boutique hotel, Bis offers creative interpretations of classic French bistro fare in a profound contemporary environment. Mythical Legend Of This Capitol Hill Hotel…The oft-told tale about the namesake of our Washington DC area hotel chopping down the cherry tree is actually a myth. Created in 1809 by Parson Weems, the fable was intended to establish George Washington as a role model – virtuous, forthright, unfailingly honest – for all other Americans to follow. Fortunately, the legend that surrounds The Hotel George is entirely true. Our Washington DC boutique hotel is every bit as genuine as its reputation, as a fresh, hip, and stylish Capitol Hill hotel alternative to the traditional hotel chain. By offering rare sophistication and highly personalized service, our Washington DC boutique hotel serves as a model of what every contemporary hotel experience should deliver – and more. Discover The Hotel George – the DC area hotel on a first-name basis with Washington.
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:||2005|
|Non Smoking Rooms:||10|
|Meeting Rooms:||5 |
|Meeting Space:||1224 sq. feet|
|Banquet Space:||Holds 150 people| Policies / Expenses
|Typical Group Deposit:||depends on group booking|
Amenities / Features Pet Friendly? Yes! Pets are allowed.
Airport & Shuttle Information
Reagan National Washington, 4 milesTaxi fare $13 each wayMetro/Subway $2.30 7 stops one and a half blocks
Airport Shuttle? Sorry
airport shuttle available.
About Kimpton Hotels
- Boutique hotel with more than 60+ properties nationwide
- Kimpton Karma Rewards is a free guest program which offers guests the opportunity to earn free nights, get free Wi-Fi, exclusive offers on hotel stays, a $10 bar credit for in-room snacks or bar cocktails, and a $30 spa credit towards a massage, facial, or body treatment
- Nightly wine hour
- Free coffee and tea in the lobby
- Yoga mats provided upon request
- Pet friendly hotel free for cats, dogs, and other pets of any size
- Access to their public bikes for free to tour around the city or neighborhood
- Kimpton Hotels also offers guest free travel items left behind or forgotten like plastic travel bags, fan, humidifier, curling and straightening iron, steamer, spray wrinkle remover, a night light, and so much more
The Kimpton Hotels highlights above are subject to change without notice.