Citycentre, Leidseplein (Leidse Square), Holland Casino, Museumplein
(Museum Square), Rijksmuseum
, van Goghmuseum, Stedelijk Museum
, Shops, P.C. Hooftstraat, Vondelpark
, Albert Cuypmarket, Concertgebouw
, Nightlife, Paradiso
, Melkweg, Bars, Restaurants, Stadsschouwburg
, Heineken Brewery, Heineken Experience
We are proud to present to you the completely new boutique style hotel: The Poet Hotel Amsterdam.
Centrally located in the chic Museum Quarter, just a stone throw away from the bustling and lively centre of Amsterdam.
Behind the facade of a large, impressive town mansion you find the Poet Hotel Amsterdam, a brand new design tourist-class hotel with far more facilities than you would expect from a hotel of this category.
The Poet hotel is situated in the prestigious Jan Luijkenstraat. Jan Luijken was a Poet from the 17th century who inspired us in the design for our totally new concept hotel.
The Rijksmuseum, Stedelijk Museum and the Van Gogh Museum are all only a few yards from the hotel on the Museum square where also the world famous Concertgebouw is situated.
Around the corner you will find the prestigious PC Hooft street with its top designer shops. The Vondelpark, Amsterdam's green heart, and the well known Leidseplein entertainment district, with the Holland Casino, are in the immediate vicinity. The Albert Cuyp Market and the Heineken Brewery is less than a 10 minute walk away.
- Rooms: 64
- 24 hour reception
- The whole hotel, including the rooms, are non smoking.
- High speed wireless Internet (WiFi) is available at a small charge of 3 Euro per 24 hour.
Enjoy a drink in our brand new and cosy hotel bar and get one hour of WiFi for free.
- Hotel bar / TV lounge, open 24 hours for our guests.
- Lift / Elevator
- Buffet Breakfast is included in the room rate.
- The room rate excludes 5% city tax.
- No private parking spaces. Public parking in the street or parking garage nearby, both at additional costs.
CHECK IN / OUT FOR GROUPS:
- Check in: From 15.00 o’clock
- Check out: Until 10.00 o’clock
(Luggage storage possible, free of charge)
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:
||All Rooms Have Interior Hallways
|Non Smoking Rooms:
||Windows Do Open
||180 sq. feet
|Dist. to Food/Bars:
|Dist. to Nearest Gym:
Policies / Expenses
Depending on the size of the group between 4 - 12 weeks before arrival
|Typical Group Deposit:
|Total Misc Fees:
(mandatory resort fees/taxes)
Amenities / Features
Sorry, pets are not allowed.
Airport & Shuttle Information
Schiphol Airport Amsterdam.
How to get here from the airport:
- By taxi, don’t pay more than approx. 35 Euro, approx. 20 minutes ==>> We can arrange a taxi waiting for you at the meetingpoint for 40 Euro, please let us know if you want us to arrange it.
- By Shuttle-bus, straight to our hotel (13,50 Euro per person), approx. 30 minutes
- By bus, 25 minute drive: number 370 to busstop ‘Museumplein’, from there 6 minute walk.
- By train: go to trainstation 'Zuid WTC', from there tram 5, direction central station, get of at tramstop 'Hobbemastraat' (which is behind the 'Rijksmuseum'), from there 20 second walk to our hotel. Total time approx. 25 minutes.,We can arrange a taxi transfer from and to the airport for groups more than 6 people. 7,50 Euro one way (has to be requested latest a week before arrival).
Airport Shuttle? Yes!
There is an airport shuttle.
The Poet Hotel serves a continental breakfast for all guests, daily from 7.30 a.m. until 10 a.m.
The breakfast buffet consists of unlimited:
- Coffee, (flavoured) tea, hot chocolate & fruit juices,
- Fresh milk, different kinds of (fruit) yoghurt,
- Selection of Bread, toast and crackers,
- Boiled eggs,
- Different kinds of cheese and meat,
- Variety of cereal and muesli, fruit cocktail,
- Different kinds of marmalade and a variety of sweet bread-toppings.
- Offer unique guest rooms: Family Rooms with bunk beds, Fitness Rooms with exercise equipment and also TRYP and Premium Rooms based on location
- Premium breakfast buffet with both healthy and hearty options
- Free high-speed internet access at most hotels
- Grab a coffee or drinks at the bar located in "Plaza Central," designated TRYP lobby
The TRYP highlights above are subject to change without notice.