Hotel Reviews for Villa Del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa
4.0out of 5Based on 720 guest reviews, Very Good
Based on 758 traveler reviews
Most Recent Traveler Reviews:
“A Very Enjoyable Stay”
May 16, 2013
David H, New Braunfels, Texas | Trip type: Friends getaway
We spent several days at the Villa del Palmar Flamingos following a week at the Grand Luxxe. While this property is a couple of steps below the Grand Luxxe in...
We spent several days at the Villa del Palmar Flamingos following a week at the Grand Luxxe. While this property is a couple of steps below the Grand Luxxe in all areas (including price), we had a great time there. This property is relaxed, safe, and unpretentious ... a great place for families with kids. Our room was a bit dated, but it was clean and comfortable. We bought an "an-inclusive" package when we arrived, and between meals and drinks we definitely came out ahead with thus option. I would suggest this option if you plan to eat most of your meals at the resort. We really liked the beach access, and the pool was very nice. The rib-eye was very tender and well prepared during the steak and lobster night. We did attend a couple of on-site shows while we were there and we especially enjoyed the Hollywood show. The staff was, without exception, friendly and accommodating. « less
“Mexico in May”
May 16, 2013
Mike-Ronda, Covington, WA | Trip type: Family
This was our 4th time at Villa del Palmar Flamingos and once again it was an awesome experience. This resort and spa is immaculatly maintain at all facilities from our...
This was our 4th time at Villa del Palmar Flamingos and once again it was an awesome experience. This resort and spa is immaculatly maintain at all facilities from our room, to poolside. And, the staff are totally awesome. Luis and Alonzo the bell captains, Lucy the concierge, trini our room maid and poolside servers, Jorge and Augustin were truly remarkable. We have known these some of these people for 8 years and they treat us like family during our week at Flamingos. Our room, a one bedroom suite, is spacious and exceptionally clean and well maintained. The only downside, it is a small one, is that the service in the restuarent was a little slow and at time inattentive, but, the food was excellent so well worth the service flaws. We are already looking forward to our next visit in 2015. « less
May 13, 2013
SoCalKel, So. Cal. | Trip type: Couples
We stayed in a one bedroom two bath unit through an Interval International exchange.
We typically eat a healthy breakfast and lunch in our condo and dinners out when we...
We stayed in a one bedroom two bath unit through an Interval International exchange.
We typically eat a healthy breakfast and lunch in our condo and dinners out when we are on vacation. We ate at El Patron Restaurant twice (one dinner and one breakfast) and it was mediocre. We ate at the Italian Restaurant one night and we had to send back my dinner because cannelloni wasn’t cooked and the food was cold. We had a couple of good meals in Bucerias. We thought we would try sandwiches from the store deli counter and then we both got food poisoning. After that, we ended up eating in the condo for the last 3 days of our trip. We talked to two other families that got sick from the food at the resort too.
We’ve owned a Marriott timeshare for 16 years and we are pretty timeshare savvy. We went to the “welcome breakfast tour”. We knew it was a timeshare deal even though we were told by two people that it was not a timeshare deal (LIE NO. 1). We thought the 20% off card would be worth a free 1 hour 15 minute breakfast. We were passed to 7 people in the next 2 hours.
Three of them said they are not in the “timeshare business”. They called the Villa Resorts a “residential something or other” and they are no longer called timeshares and that timeshares were what they used to sell (LIE NO. 2). The brochure they gave us at check in has an ad for Villa Resort “timeshares”.
When we told guy no. 3 that we were Marriott owners he said the Villa Resorts are affiliated with Marriott. My husband and I rolled our eyes at that one (LIE NO. 3).
We would be nuts to buy a “timeshare” from a company when staff lied to us three times in just one hour.
The resort staff referred to the resort as 5 star over and over. Here are the reason’s it’s not 5 star:
1. If we showered after 9 am we didn’t get a hot shower – it was luke warm at best. The shower heads did not work well in both bathrooms.
2. We were told that owners have free wifi in the lobby, but everyone else has to pay. At Marriott timeshare resorts - owners and exchangers (Marriott and non-Marriot) are treated exactly the same.
3. Trying to slip the $3.50 for tips per a day on our final bill is nuts.
4. We didn’t appreciate the impact hammer and power drill going on next to our room at midnight on our last night.
5. When we had food poisoning and were in our room trying to sleep we didn’t appreciate how long it took the gardener to cut the grass below our room the morning. He would cut the grass, cut the motor off when the bag was full and empty the bag and then talk to the weed wacker guy. Then he would start this process over and over. If the mower guy would find one place to empty the bag and then bag up the cut grass at one time it would be more efficient and quicker. It took 3 hours to cut the grass when it should have taken less than one hour.
6. The same day we were sick and they were banging on the patio below us replacing the patio rail.
7. A DVD player in the room would have been nice. Especially for non-Spanish speaking guests. There weren’t many English speaking channels and it would have been nice to pop in a DVD. Five star or not – we can’t remember the last time we stayed in a condo without a DVD player. Normally we wouldn’t have cared about this, but since we got food poisoning from the food at the resort – we were stuck in the unit more than we liked.
8. Two pieces of artwork in the master bedroom looked like they were painted with blood. They were hideous and offensive.
9. The air conditioning vent in the master bedroom rattled very loudly. We stuffed a face cloth in it to stop the rattling. The maid removed it every day and we had to put it back every day. Maintenance came once to fix it, but it still rattled.
10. On the days we had the do not disturb sign on the door we would get calls from staff and calls with hang-ups. The phone would also do some kind of chirping noise – not a ring but a chirping noise. The front desk did not know what we were talking about when we complained about the phone chirping. When someone puts a do not disturb on the door that means do not knock on the door and do not call to see if we need the room cleaned. If we needed something we would call. We were sick with food poisoning and did not want to be disturbed.
If we hadn’t got food poisoning, hadn’t been lied to by Villa del Palmar staff, could have had a hot shower every time and didn’t have maintenance issues we would have thought this was a fabulous resort. « less
May 13, 2013
Fred_Freeman, Chehalis, Washington, United States | Trip type: Friends getaway
The food and service is excellent. The rooms are very good and nicely furnished. Every room has an Ocean View. The entertainment was well worth the little extra expense. The...
The food and service is excellent. The rooms are very good and nicely furnished. Every room has an Ocean View. The entertainment was well worth the little extra expense. The poolside Servers are quick to serve. Our Server, Ignacio, was especially helpful with tips on local restaurants and activities. The poolside Iguana's were a big hit too.
The only drawbacks were the lack of a guest Laundry and the room provided SAFE was extremely small.
The Guest Laundry is very helpful if you are staying in a Studio.. However, the larger units have a washer/dryer in each unit.
The SAFE in the room is so small we couldn't even get our Tablet PC into it. At other Villa Group properties, such as Cabo San Lucas and Loreto, the safes were large enough for even a large size computer laptop, plus a Tablet to fit into. « less
May 13, 2013
Corey G, Jacksonville, Florida, United States | Trip type: Couples
My wife and I (28 years old) had a great vacation. We spent 1 week at the resort. We only ate there one night - we had such a good...
My wife and I (28 years old) had a great vacation. We spent 1 week at the resort. We only ate there one night - we had such a good time going into the local towns of Bucerias and La Cruz for dinner, drinks, music, etc. You can walk to Bucerias (30 min on beach - very safe) or take a taxi (6 bucks or so). The bellboys were awesome with recommendations on places to eat and see. Shout out to Antionio Martinez who provided us with great advice. The hotel grounds are kept pristine and the service is the best we have experienced (traveled to Cabo, cancun, and all around the world). « less
These reviews are the subjective opinions of individual travelers and not of TripAdvisor LLC nor of its partners.
Room Types - Villa Del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa
xxxThree Bedroom Suitexxx
Two King Beds or
Two Double and One Sofa Bed
This room features views of the ocean or garden from the comfort of a balcony. Cotton linens and blackout drapes/curtains help ensure a restful night. The private bathroom has a shower/tub combination, as well as complimentary toiletries, a hair dryer, and a makeup/shaving mirror. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and the LCD TVs offers premium TV channels. You can request an in-room massage. A coffee/tea maker and a full-sized refrigerator/freezer are provided. A ceiling fan, a safe, and a separate sitting area are among the conveniences offered.
Two Bedroom Villa Suite
This sleek, contemporary 2 bedroom villa is 1,309 square feet (118 square meters). It features a master bedroom with a king-size bed, living area with a Murphy bed, and a large second bedroom with 2 queen-size beds. Soak tension away in one of the suite's 2 bathrooms; one with a bathtub shower and another with a jetted tub. In addition, there is a fully equipped kitchen, LCD TV with premium channels, washer/dryer, a separate dining area, and terrace or balcony.
One Bedroom Villa Suite
The One Bedroom Suite is colorfully decorated and comfortable. 892 square feet (80 square meters). The master bedroom has a king-size bed with an adjoining spa bathroom complete with indoor jetted spa tub and separate walk-in shower. A second bathroom and walk-in shower offers travertine marble decor accents. A spacious living area features a sleeper sofa, while a well-equipped kitchen, a washer/dryer, separate dining area, LCD TV with premium channels, and private terrace or balcony complete the package.
The Deluxe Studio is designed to be a private hideaway, perfect for honeymooners, couples, or simply those looking for a getaway. 417 square feet (38 square meters). Rooms include a king-size bed (or 2 queens), adjoining bathroom with travertine marble decor accents, kitchenette with kitchen linens, coffee maker, electric stovetop, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, terrace or balcony, and special in-suite services. The Deluxe Studio is also equipped with an LCD TV and premium channels.
Amenities - Villa Del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa
Credit card accepted: Mastercard/Visa
Credit card accepted: American Express
Electronic key card
Fitness and health center
Internet - wireless
Microwave in room
24 hours opened
Office or business center
Private bathroom in room
Private car parking
Private garden grounds
24 hours room service
Shows or evening entertainment
Swimming pool - outdoor
Tea and coffee making facilities
Telephone in all rooms
Sorry, pets are not allowed.
Testimonials: Why use Hotel Planner?
"This service was great and I have narrowed down the choices to two. I did not know this site existed and just stumbled upon it on Google. I will definitely use it in the future." A.W. - Tampa, FL
"I tell everyone that this is how I found this great hotel, and how easy it was, and for anyone planning to organize a group event, no matter what the size - your site is a must." S.V. - Ottawa, ON