"Not a memorable experience"
Overall Score3.0/ 5
My husband and I live in Miami and decided to spend Memorial Day weekend in Naples in an effort to get some rest and relaxation from the hustle and bustle of a large metropolitan city. We also decided to bring our dog. Although the price was reasonalble (approximately $95 a night) and there is no extra charge for a pet, we will not stay at another LaQuinta Inn. Our room was on the ground floor. The room smelled musty and slightly like urine, the light fixture in the bathroom also functioned as an exhaust fan that was extremely loud, the air conditioning unit was noisey and there were no plastic liners in the wastebaskets. When we placed our dog's food in his bowl for him to eat an army of very small ants converged on it! I immediately dumped his food into the toilet and cleaned his bowl and the area where his food was placed. Subsequently, while I was taking care of cleaning the area and moving our luggage and other belongings off the floor, my husband went to the front desk to report the ant incident and to request that we be relocated to another room. The front desk clerk told him that there was no other room. However, what was surprising was the front desk clerk was familiar with the ant species and told him that they are "sugar ants". Then she offered him an aerosol can of ant/roach spray. Because we had no other lodging options, we thoroughly sprayed the room (exterior window too) and left the room for approximately 15 minutes because of the dangerous fumes. Needless to say, we were so creeped out that it was very difficult to sleep; as we looked for ants all evening, felt itchy and refused to eat anything in the room. For the duration of our stay, as soon as we fed the dog we immediately cleaned his bowl and never left any food residue in the wastebasket.