Hotel Palomar - A San Francisco Boutique Hotel that is Art in MotionThe Hotel Palomar is an artful urban retreat in the heart of downtown. Hidden five floors above the city hustle and bustle and just steps away from ever-busy Union Square, this Kimpton hotel is like a great painting waiting to be discovered by the discerning traveler.The style of this San Francisco luxury hotel is contemporary but not trendy, with playful touches throughout. The décor invites closer inspection that reveals artful details, such as the lobby's stunning parquet floors reminiscent of the geometric drawings of M.C. Escher. The atmosphere recalls Paris of the 1930s, where artists and intellectuals chatted at sidewalk cafes in an imaginative city full of creative energy, just like modern day San Francisco.Located at 4th Street and Market, Hotel Palomar is centrally located near three of the city's most dynamic districts: the thriving South of Market (SOMA) district, the Financial District, and San Francisco Union Square, famous for its great shopping (think Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, Barney's and more). This sophisticated boutique hotel is just a short walk from San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center and great art museums, such as SF MOMA, as well as the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens, perfect for relaxing and enjoying the season.With a reputation for high-touch service and individual attention, Hotel Palomar is a study in the Art of Service and reflects the standards expected from a Kimpton Hotel. Our San Francisco boutique hotel was awarded Conde Naste Traveler's 2006 Gold List of the World's Best Places to Stay, and this dynamic California hotel also received the prestigious AAA Four Diamond hotel award, a trend unbroken since the hotel opened in 1999.
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:||1999|
|Non Smoking Rooms:||159|
|Meeting Rooms:||3 |
|Meeting Space:||2000 sq. feet|
|Banquet Space:||Holds 60 people| Policies / Expenses
|Typical Group Deposit:||TBD|
|Total Misc Fees:||$0.00 USD |
(mandatory resort fees/taxes)
Amenities / Features Pet Friendly? Yes! Pets are allowed.
Airport & Shuttle Information
San Francsico International Airport (SFO) is a distance of 15min or 10 miles
Airport Shuttle? Sorry
airport shuttle available.
About Kimpton Hotels
- Boutique hotel with more than 60+ properties nationwide
- Kimpton Karma Rewards is a free guest program which offers guests the opportunity to earn free nights, get free Wi-Fi, exclusive offers on hotel stays, a $10 bar credit for in-room snacks or bar cocktails, and a $30 spa credit towards a massage, facial, or body treatment
- Nightly wine hour
- Free coffee and tea in the lobby
- Yoga mats provided upon request
- Pet friendly hotel free for cats, dogs, and other pets of any size
- Access to their public bikes for free to tour around the city or neighborhood
- Kimpton Hotels also offers guest free travel items left behind or forgotten like plastic travel bags, fan, humidifier, curling and straightening iron, steamer, spray wrinkle remover, a night light, and so much more
The Kimpton Hotels highlights above are subject to change without notice.