Welcome to BEST WESTERN On the River!LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!We are one block up from historic downtown Hannibal and two blocks up from the Mississippi River. The hotel is within walking distance of the Mark Twain boyhood home, museum and riverboat, plus many different bars and restaurants. Bars and restaurants within walking distance include LaBinnah Bistro, The Brick Oven, Mark Twain Brewing Company, Big Muddy BBQ, Java Jive, Christian Ambiance CafÃ©, Becky Thatcher's Diner, Mark Twain Dinette, Rumor Has It, Ole Planters Restaurant, Finn's Food and Spirits, and La Azotea Cocktail Lounge.Downtown also offers a variety of specialty shoppes such as antiques, boutiques, beauty salons, an art gallery, a gelato shop and book stores. There is also a local B7B Theater that opened in 2009. Along with the movie theater Bluff City opened in 2015 and puts on a variety of plays throughout the year. Hannibal has a minor league baseball team called the Cavemen and they host games during the summer at Clemens Field, which is less than a mile from the Best Western On the River. We are also only two miles away from popular tourist attractions like Mark Twain Cave and family fun park Sawyer's Creek.The Best Western On the River's main building includes an indoor pool and hot tub, exercise room, free high speed fiber internet, river view rooms and a free hot breakfast that includes: eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and a waffle makes. Thirty additional rooms have been added to the Best Western On the River as well. The new building opened in 2015 and is right next door from the main building. All rooms on the second and third floor of the new building have river views. and twenty-four of the thirty rooms offer TWO King beds. The new building also has fiber internet (wired and wireless), its own free hot breakfast, exercise room and guest laundry area. Come Stay with us, and enjoy the attractions America's Hometown has to offer!
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:
||All Rooms Have Interior Hallways
|Non Smoking Rooms:
||Windows Do Open
||0 sq. feet
|Dist. to Food/Bars:
|Dist. to Nearest Gym:
Policies / Expenses
24 hrs. PS - Windows - some of them open not all.
|Typical Group Deposit:
|Total Misc Fees:
(mandatory resort fees/taxes)
Amenities / Features
Sorry, pets are not allowed.
Airport & Shuttle Information
St Louis, Mo is 100 miles away from the Best Western Hotel. Quincy, Il is 20 miles away and Hannibal has a private airport which is 5 miles away.
Airport Shuttle? Sorry
airport shuttle available.
About Best Western International
- 4000+ independently owned hotels located in over 100 countries
- Best Western Rewards is a free program where members can earn 10 points for every dollar spent or arline/partner rewards for each night stay. With no blackout dates and points that never expire, whats not love?
- 3 hotel types: Best Western, Best Western Plus, and Best Western Premiere
- Best Western offers exceptional value with great amenities including free breakfast, high-speed internet, local calls, and lond distance access. Convenient computer room in the lobby area perfect for copy and fax services, and even printing out boarding passes, maps, etc.
- Best Western Plus offers upgraded bath amenities, an in-room mini-fridge, and a spacious work desk. Fitness room, laundry room, and business center also available. Free breakfast, high-speed internet, local calls, and long distance access
- Best Western Premiere gives guests the highest quality amenties, furnishings, and decor with personalized guest services. All rooms have a safe, mini-fridge, free high-speed internet access, free local and long distance calls, and an LCD or Plasma TV with HD channels. On-site dining, fitness room, business center, snack shop, and meeting rooms
The Best Western International highlights above are subject to change without notice.