"My eyes started burning immediately!"
Overall Score3.0/ 5
Upon check in, I noticed the smell of cigarettes. I found this offensive right away. We waited until the last minute to make up our mind to travel to Hannibal for the 4th of July weekend, so our choices were few. We had to settle for a "smoking" room. My wife and I are both former smokers so we decided we would go ahead and book the room. The smell that greeted us was a combination of cigarettes and cleaning product and it was obnoxious! Again, my eyes started burning! Then as we examined the room, we found cob webs on the lamp shade, smoke on the mirror and over all sub standard cleanliness. I went to turn on the light, using the light switch at the door, only to find that the fixture on the wall was unplugged. This should have been an easy fix, only the plug was too large for the outlet and I was not able to stretch it to another outlet due to the length of the cord, so the lamp above the TV was "not an option.". The smell was the most bothersome thing about the room. It might have helped if there had been an exhaust fan in the bathroom to pull some air through the room but guess what, no exhaust fan! The air conditioner did not have a 'fan only' control option, so the only way we could have ventilation was to set the temperature really cold so that it wouldn't shut off!. Over all I CANNOT RECOMMEND this establishment and will likely NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!. Oh, (on a positive note) the staff was friendly and polite.
08-Jul-2014 Verified Review, stayed from Fri Jul 04 to Sat Jul 05 2014 at a $85.00 average nightly rate.