Of the luxury Sonoma hotels and resorts available, the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn is the ultimate Wine Country destination. Blessed by natural mineral hot springs in Sonoma Valley, Sonoma County, California and an idyllic, world famous wine growing region abundant with local products, our Willow Stream Spa, championship Sonoma Golf Course and signature restaurant, the Michelin award winning Santé, offer an unforgettable retreat.
Extraordinary cuisine, a state-of-the-art Spa surrounded by exquisitely manicured grounds in the heart of Wine Country...A true lifestyle!
The Spa at The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa...For hundreds of years, ancient thermal mineral waters have graced this site. Today, our California resort is proud to be one of the only luxury spa resorts in the country with its own source of thermal mineral water. The Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa hotel pays homage to ancient Egyptian, Greek and Roman civilizations, which believed in the axiom 'Sanitas Per Aquas'... Visit our Online Boutique for more information on the Sonoma Inn's line of Spa products, Gifts, Amenities and Gift Certificates. Please note our main pool is operated seasonally.
The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is just a short drive from downtown Sonoma, California a charming small town offering year round outdoor activities, events, festivals, dining and shopping
The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa has received the following "Green" awards:
•Inaugural IMEX- Green Supplier Award
•Strategy Magazine- Cause & Action Award
•CNBC European Business- Top 100 (and only hotel group listed) Low-Carbon Pioneer
•Strategy Magazine- Top Eco Hospitality Program, 2007
•Association of Travel Marketing Executives- Green Innovation Award
•Sonoma Economic Development Partnership; Sonoma Valley Green Business
•State Legislature; Certificate in Recognition of Green Initiatives
In 1884, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts was founded on an enduring connection to the land and communities where we do business. In 1990, we proactively launched our industry-leading Green Partnership program, a comprehensive approach to reducing our impact on the environment. This commitment to minimizing our hotels’ footprint on the planet is a key component of our operating philosophy, which is formalized in our Environmental Policy.
The Green Partnership allows Fairmont to meet and exceed guest expectations of operational sustainability and responsible tourism, because the environment isn’t just something that’s “out there”—it’s where we live, work and play each day. Fairmont’s Green Partnership focuses on improvements in the areas of energy and water conservation, waste management, and innovative community outreach programs involving local groups and partnerships—please read below for this hotel’s initiatives that operate under the Green Partnership program.
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Leadership Through Innovative Programs
Fairmont’s Eco-Meet program offers planners the opportunity to minimize the ecological footprint of meetings and events through the reduction of waste and conservation of valuable resources. The program can be tailored to the individual needs of the client through four key components—Eco-Accommodation, Eco-Cuisine, Eco-Service and Eco-Programming.
At The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa we proudly offer/provide the following:
• Eco-Meet: Fairmont''s Green Meeting and Conference Planning Option
• Green weddings options program
• Eco-Friendly local itineraries and packages
• Free, guided hikes for guests to authentically local and historic locations
• Guided historical and epicurean tours
• Eco-Services include: linen reuse program, towel reuse program, in-room recycling hypoallergenic rooms
• Fairmont Presidents Club eco (paperless) checkout
• Free parking available for hybrid cars
• Option to purchase carbon offsets to deliver a “carbon-neutral” event
Carbon Management Program:
Fairmont has introduced an Energy and Carbon Management Program in support of our Climate Change Strategy, which allows us to monitor, track, and report our progress toward achieving significant CO2 reductions at all of our locations worldwide. We also partner with like-minded companies who provide products and services that improve our operational efficiencies. These proactive steps will reduce carbon output and help mitigate the effects of global warming.
• Colleagues of the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa participate in a monthly
“Do Not Drive to Work Day” focusing on reducing our carbon footprint
• Consolidate purchases to reduce need for deliveries
• Partner with local transportation companies who supplygreen fleet vehicles for our guests
Greening our Greens:
All Fairmont-managed golf courses are enrolled with Audubon International Cooperative Sanctuaries, an organization which sets guidelines for an international system of wildlife and environmental conservation. Through our participation, we have developed an extensive integrated management plan for ongoing improvements to our golf courses called “Greening Our Greens”. The program offers practical ways for our courses to make positive changes, while working toward the larger goal of achieving certification from Audubon International.
At The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn, grounds naturalization projects include:
• Property is 99% pesticide-free, 99% herbicide free
• 90% of plant material used in new installations is drought-tolerant
• Participates in an annual irrigation audit, ensuring systems are efficient
• Use of plant species that encourage both bird and butterfly populations
• Protect indigenous bird populations residing in property trees
• Releases beneficial insects to control harmful insect populations
• Worm/vermiculture operation in place and used for community education
• Approximately 20-yard/month landscape debris sent to local organic composting operations
• Plant material purchased exclusively from local purveyors
Fairmont is committed to purchasing local, organic, Fair Trade and sustainable food products wherever possible, including utilizing organic or biodynamic wines, local purveyors and on-site herb gardens.
At the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa:
• Herb Garden
• Use of Loch Duarte certified fresh & sustainable fish
• Purchase locally made, biodynamic wines
• Organic eggs, butter used through out resort
• Support local food and beverage vendors
Paper, packaging and garbage are a reality of our lives, and of any business. Fairmont has consistently cut these side effects of our operations. While effective waste management comes with challenges, such as operating in communities without recycling facilities, we continue to reduce and divert waste and identify other eco-friendly opportunities.
Initiatives at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa include:
• Shipping department reuses and recycles 100% of incoming shipping materials
• 300+ pounds of organic waste is diverted annually from Santé and used in vermiculture operation
• Spa has moved from using disposable cups to reusable cups & mugs
• Extensive recycling programs for e-Waste, batteries, lighting & hazardous waste
• Kitchen oil is collected and recycled by local purveyor to make bio-fuels
• Majority of all sales & guest related correspondence handled electronically via email vs. paper
• Recycle/sell kitchen oils to be recycled into bio-fuels, encouraging alternative fuel use
• Purchasing department works extensively with purveyors to purchase recycled, recyclable and sustainable made products
• Purchase local and organic spa products for use in treatments and sales
• Linens and various products are redistributed to local philanthropic organizations
Energy and Water Conservation:
To conserve energy and cut greenhouse gas emissions, Fairmont has introduced compact fluorescent light bulbs where possible. To conserve energy and cut greenhouse gas emissions, Fairmont has introduced compact fluorescent light bulbs where possible. Most hotels now have water-efficient showerheads and tap aerators, and we continue to replace all toilets that have a flush capacity over 2 gallons (7.6 liters). Guests can do their part by choosing to participate in the towel and sheet exchange program offered at all Fairmont properties.
At the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, energy and water conservation projects include:
• Property has recently undergone a 3,000 light bulb retrofit
• HVAC renovation of 97 units to increase efficiency
• All guest rooms are lit with inflorescent lighting
• All guest room toilets are Low-Flow units
• All guest room shower heads are Low-Flow devices
• Installation of AquaSpy moisture sensor irrigation clocks
• Installation of OZONE generator system for Laundry
• A reduction in chemical use by purchasing from Eco-Lab Products
• All-Colleague “Green Communication Hallway” where information & hotel initiatives are centralized
Partnerships and Affiliations:
Our affiliations highlight our commitment to the environment, and also help promote unique Fairmont eco-experiences. The growing number of partners and associations who share our vision include The World Heritage Alliance for Sustainable Tourism, WWF (Climate Savers Program), The International Tourism Partnership, The Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation, The United States Environmental Protection Agency (ENERGY STAR® program), The Hotel Association of Canada (Green Key Eco-Rating Program) and the National Geographic Society. Local projects are tailored to address environmental issues specific to the hotel’s location, and showcase each Fairmont ''s unique environmental strengths and connection to their community.
On a local level, The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, partners include:
• Eco-Innovations Signature Project: Sonoma Overlook Trail
• Quarterly “Neighborhood Cleanup”
• 2008 California Coastal Cleanup Day, 9/20
• Linens and amenities are donated to local charities
Awards & Accolades:
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts’ Green Partnership Program continues to be recognized by a number of international organizations including the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC), World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), Ad Age and Strategy magazines.
The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa has received the following awards:
Sonoma Economic Development Partnership; Sonoma Valley Green Business
State Legislature; Certificate in Recognition of Green Initiatives
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:
||Both Interior and Exterior Hallways
|Non Smoking Rooms:
||Windows Do Open
||13 View Spaces
||14000 sq. feet
||Holds 350 people
The main swimming pool is available year round for all guests (food and beverage pool service is offered seasonally in the warm weather months).
Our spa pools are open year round for guests 18 years and older (charges apply).
Policies / Expenses
all nights reserved 5 days prior to arrival.
|Typical Group Deposit:
|Total Misc Fees:
(mandatory resort fees/taxes)
Amenities / Features
Yes! Pets are allowed.
$50 per pet, per room, per stay (maximum 2 per room). No charge for service dogs. Hotel provides pet amenities (pet bed, toys, treats and bowl). Pets cannot be left unattended in room. Hotel must be advised prior to guest''s arrival.
Airport & Shuttle Information
The closest international airports to The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa are San Francisco International Airport (SFO), Oakland International Airport (OAK), and Sacramento International Airport (SMF).
Airport Shuttle? Sorry
airport shuttle available.
About Fairmont Hotels
- Offer a wide range of properties from historic hotels, elegant resorts, and modern city centered locations
- The Fairmont President's Club is a guest recognition program where members can get special benefits such as free high-speed internet service, Fairmont fit athletic wear, use of golfclubs in certain locations, a members-only reservation line making it faster and easier to check-in/check-out, and other exclusive offers. The best part of the program is that its free to join
- Fairmont also has a Green Partnership Program helping to reduce the amount of energy, water, and waste used
- Luxury amenities at these propertiesinclude the Willow Stream Spas, to unwind and relax, golf and ski resorts for sport enthusiasts, specialized cocktails, and wonderful boardroom and meeting space facilities
The Fairmont Hotels highlights above are subject to change without notice.