The biggest city in Alaska boasts the famous Iditarod Sled Dog Race and has an abundance of oil companies nearby, which makes convenience a big plus for our Anchorage hotel guests.Close to hospitals, local businesses and annual events, this Anchorage hotel has it all. We're close to major oil companies and have a great location right off the highway. Tourists and medical travelers alike enjoy the warm, welcome atmosphere of our hotel. With a friendly staff, spacious rooms and luxurious bedding, we're proud to be your home away from home.The Iditarod Sled Dog Race and Fur Rendezvous are big reasons why many people come to Anchorage, but there's also an abundance of outdoor recreation available. From sightseeing to hiking and fishing, outdoor activities reign supreme in this region. The nearby Alaska Native Heritage Center is a must-see for history buffs and any travelers looking for a slice of culture.At our Anchorage hotel, we also welcome many business travelers from around the world. Some of our regular guests are in town for work with BP Global, CH2M HILL and of course various other oil companies. We're also a favorite for employees of Providence Alaska Native Medical Center. Our service men and women traveling for business at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson choose us because of our well-appointed rooms and quality amenities, including our small banquet rooms for meetings.Whether you're visiting Anchorage for business or for a once in a lifetime vacation, it matters where you stay. We're proud to offer our guests the best in service and quality. From a weekend trip to extended stays, we aim to make your visit special. Book your clean and comfortable room at the BEST WESTERN Golden Lion Hotel for a great value and a fantastic vacation! Enjoy your stay.
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:||2008|
|Corridors:||All Rooms Have Interior Hallways|
|Non Smoking Rooms:||83|
|Room Windows:||Windows Do Open|
|Meeting Rooms:||0 | Policies / Expenses
|Typical Group Deposit:||50%|
|Total Misc Fees:||$0.00 USD |
(mandatory resort fees/taxes)
Amenities / Features Pet Friendly? Sorry, pets are not allowed.
Airport & Shuttle Information
Anchorage International Airport5 MilesNO ShuttleTaxi Apx. $20.00 Each way
Airport Shuttle? Sorry
airport shuttle available.
About Best Western International
- 4000+ independently owned hotels located in over 100 countries
- Best Western Rewards is a free program where members can earn 10 points for every dollar spent or arline/partner rewards for each night stay. With no blackout dates and points that never expire, whats not love?
- 3 hotel types: Best Western, Best Western Plus, and Best Western Premiere
- Best Western offers exceptional value with great amenities including free breakfast, high-speed internet, local calls, and lond distance access. Convenient computer room in the lobby area perfect for copy and fax services, and even printing out boarding passes, maps, etc.
- Best Western Plus offers upgraded bath amenities, an in-room mini-fridge, and a spacious work desk. Fitness room, laundry room, and business center also available. Free breakfast, high-speed internet, local calls, and long distance access
- Best Western Premiere gives guests the highest quality amenties, furnishings, and decor with personalized guest services. All rooms have a safe, mini-fridge, free high-speed internet access, free local and long distance calls, and an LCD or Plasma TV with HD channels. On-site dining, fitness room, business center, snack shop, and meeting rooms
The Best Western International highlights above are subject to change without notice.