The Willard InterContinental is located in the heart of the nation's capital on Pennsylvania Avenue near the White House, the Smithsonian museums and the downtown business and theatre districts. The Willard epitomizes world-class hospitality as the hotel of choice for heads of state and leaders of the world's business, cultural, social and political elite. The hotel's 334 well appointed large guestrooms include 40 elegant suites. Dining options include Café du Parc, the popular French bistro with seasonal outdoor seating and traditional Afternoon Tea in Peacock Alley. The luxurious Red Door, Elizabeth Arden at the Willard, offers a wide array of pampering treatments. The classic Willard InterContinental combines heritage and luxury with contemporary comfort and the latest technology. An American institution, the Willard has hosted nearly every U.S. president since 1853. It was at the Willard that Julia Ward Howe wrote The Battle Hymn of the Republic, where President Ulysses S. Grant popularized the term “Lobbyist,” and where Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King finished his renowned "I Have a Dream" speech.
Recently awarded the International Hotel & Restaurant Association's Environmental Award for Sustainability, the Willard has embarked on a Sustainability program entitled, "Willard InterContinental - The Next 100 Years." The holistic plan is comprised of numerous interwoven sustainable projects designed for a luxurious urban hospitality experience in harmony with social and ecological consciousness.
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:
||All Rooms Have Interior Hallways
|Non Smoking Rooms:
||Windows Do Open
||20000 sq. feet
||Holds 450 people
Policies / Expenses
24 hr for individual reservations, Group contract has a separate cancellation policy
|Typical Group Deposit:
|Total Misc Fees:
(mandatory resort fees/taxes)
Amenities / Features
Yes! Pets are allowed.
Airport & Shuttle Information
5 miles from Reagan National (DCA)
Approximately $20 to DCA
Airport Shuttle? Sorry
airport shuttle available.
About Intercontinental Hotels and Resorts
- 24-hour room service
- Great Intercontinental apps for all mobile devices including iPhone and iPad which gives you insider access to their flavorful chef 's recipes, conceirge information, and GPS hotel directions
- Luxury meeting and event space with catering services
- Part of Green Engage programme offering sustainable and environmentally friendly options from guest rooms to meeting rooms
- Resort hotels offer a Kid's Club called Planet Trekkers, which has a number of great activities for children 4-12 years of age
- Numersous spa packages and individual treatments available at various resort locations
The Intercontinental Hotels and Resorts highlights above are subject to change without notice.
Willard Intercontinental Hotel, Willard Intercontinental Washington, Willard Intercontinental