Matt's Brewery, Munson Williams Proctor Museum, Utica Zoo, Fort Stanwix, Oriskany Battlefield, Cooperstown Hall of Fame, Turning Stone Casino, Herkimer Diamond Mines
, Enchanted Forest Water Safari
Verified Reviews of Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn
Below are the verified reviews from guests that we have booked recently:
"Maintenance and telephone issues"
Overall Score3.0/ 5
In room 203 had to play with the reset button on the power cord to get the A/C working. No paying customer should not have to do that! I wanted to place a long distance telephone call and neither button 9 or 8 would get me an outside line other than a busy signal. In talking to the front desk, was advised that I didn't have access to an outside line. Are you serious?? This is 2014! I had to make the call on my cell phone which will cost me roaming charges. I would stay elsewhere if coming to Utica again.
Verified Review, stayed from Sat Aug 02 to Sun Aug 03 2014 at a $112.50 average nightly rate.
Overall Score3.0/ 5
WE STAYED AT BEST WESTERN WHICH WAS ABOUT 40 MINUTES AWAY FROM COOPERSTOWN WHICH WAS THE PURPOSE OF THE TRIP. THE HOTEL IS JUST THAT A PLACE TO SLEEP WITH A FREE BREAKFAST IN THE MORNING. ALTHOUGH THERE ARE PLENTY OF FAST FOOD PLACES SURROUNDING THE HOTEL. THE STAFF WERE ACCOMMODATING AND PLEASANT. THE ROOM HAD SENSOR LIGHTS THAT GO ON WHEN YOU OPEN DOOR AND FOR SOME REASON ABOUT 1 AM TURNED ON AUTOMATICALLY. THIS WAS NOT PLEASANT BUT WAS RESOLVED BY TURNING THEM. THE BATHROOM WAS VERY SMALL AND GROUT NEEDED CLEANING. THIS WAS BROUGHT TO THE FRONT DESKS ATTENTION UPON DEPARTURE. EASY IN AND OUT OF HOTEL AS WE WERE ON THE FIRST FLOOR. ENCLOSED HALLWAY FROM ROOM TO RECEPTION, BREAKFAST AREA WAS GREAT BECAUSE IT POURED ONE MORNING. TURNING STONE CASINO WAS JUST 20 MINUTES AWAY FOR THOSE WHO LIKE BINGO, THAT WAS A LOT OF FUN WITH MANY DIFFERENT GAMES TO PLAY AND DIFFERENT LEVELS OF WINNING. I GO TO COOPERSTOWN EVERY YEAR AND HAVE BEEN IN DIFFERENT HOTELS FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS AND WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM RETURNING TO BEST WESTERN IN THE FUTURE. ERIE CANAL SIGHTSEEING TOUR IS A MUST ONLY ONE EXIT AWAY AND WORTH THE EXPERIENCE OF TRAVELING THROUGH THE AREA.
Verified Review, stayed from Sat Jul 26 to Tue Jul 29 2014 at a $139.50 average nightly rate.
Customer Reviews of Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn
The Best Western is located 3 minutes off the interstate at Exit 31 (Utica).
We have built a reputation for friendly service, attention to detail and exceptional value in lodging for both the business and pleasure traveler. Our Inn has beautifully decorated guest rooms offering 100% non smoking accomodations, also ADA accessibility. Each room has 2 double beds or a king size bed, remote controlled color TV, and individual climate control. Electronic door locks, hair dryers, coffee pots, iron & ironing boards in every room complete the luxurious amenities available. Our Gift Shop offers snacks, beverages, and sundries 24 hours a day. Our fine tradition of hospitality continues each morning with a deluxe complimentary continental breakfast buffet. We also have a limited Fitness Center and an in-house laundry facility. Conveniently located, full service restaurants within walking. A short drive to local industry, 4 major colleges, recreational activities, and shopping malls.
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:
||Both Interior and Exterior Hallways
|Non Smoking Rooms:
||Windows Do Open
|Dist. to Food/Bars:
|Dist. to 24hr Restaurant:
Policies / Expenses
individual - 4:00 PM day of arrival
Group - 1 weeks to 1 month out
|Typical Group Deposit:
|Total Misc Fees:
(mandatory resort fees/taxes)
|| 0.00 Per Day
|Rooms Wired Internet Fee:
|| 0.00 Per Day
Amenities / Features
Yes! Pets are allowed.
$20 per day up to $100 maximum.
Limited to dogs only at 80lbs or less.
Airport & Shuttle Information
John Hancock Int'l in Syracuse 40 miles away
Airport Shuttle? Sorry
airport shuttle available.
We have a free hot continental breakfast consisting of eggs, sausage, waffles, assorted breads and pastries, fresh fruit, assorted hot and cold cereals, and yogurt. We also have coffee, juice, and milk available for beverages.
About Best Western International
- 4000+ independently owned hotels located in over 100 countries
- Best Western Rewards is a free program where members can earn 10 points for every dollar spent or arline/partner rewards for each night stay. With no blackout dates and points that never expire, whats not love?
- 3 hotel types: Best Western, Best Western Plus, and Best Western Premiere
- Best Western offers exceptional value with great amenities including free breakfast, high-speed internet, local calls, and lond distance access. Convenient computer room in the lobby area perfect for copy and fax services, and even printing out boarding passes, maps, etc.
- Best Western Plus offers upgraded bath amenities, an in-room mini-fridge, and a spacious work desk. Fitness room, laundry room, and business center also available. Free breakfast, high-speed internet, local calls, and long distance access
- Best Western Premiere gives guests the highest quality amenties, furnishings, and decor with personalized guest services. All rooms have a safe, mini-fridge, free high-speed internet access, free local and long distance calls, and an LCD or Plasma TV with HD channels. On-site dining, fitness room, business center, snack shop, and meeting rooms
The Best Western International highlights above are subject to change without notice.