At once an architectural icon, an internationally renowned hotel, and the pride of Delaware, HOTEL DU PONT has many stories to tell. Nestled in the heart of Wilmington, Delaware and the picturesque Brandywine Valley, one of the country's grandest hotels is as rich in history and tradition as it is in atmosphere.The twelve-story Italian Renaissance building was commissioned by DuPont Company president Pierre S. du Pont. It debuted in 1913 after a two-and-a-half year labor of love by French and Italian craftsmen who carved, gilded and painted this exceptional landmark to life. From the lavish splendor of the lobby to the shimmering majesty of the Gold Ballroom, every detail speaks to an eye for flawless style.After opening, the hotel instantly earned international fame, rivaling the finest hotels in New York City and Europe while serving as the financial and social epicenter for the Wilmington elite. Expansion of the property in 1918 brought further enhancements, with the additions of the Gold Ballroom, du Barry Room and the DuPont Theatre, which is now known as the Playhouse on Rodney Square. The hotel remains committed to retaining the warmth and splendor that have made us so highly regarded for almost a century. To step inside is to find yourself transported back to a time of craftsmanship and courtesy, of ease and elegance, sophistication and style, an era when people knew how to travel in style and expected the very best. Those values are preserved today in the service we provide each and every guest.
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:
|Windows Do Open
|30000 sq. feet
|Holds 400 people
Amenities / Features
Service animals complying with ADA Title lll regulations are allowed.Yes!
Pets are allowed. The Hotel du Pont welcomes your entire family -- so feel free to bring your pet along! A fee of $100 per night for one pet will be added to your room rate. For the convenience of all, please review our guidelines: Kindly indicate your intention of traveling with your pet upon making your room reservation, as well as upon your arrival. Your pet should be house-broken. Your pet should remain leashed at all times while in public areas. Your pet may not be left unattended in your room. If your plans do not allow you to take your pet with you, our Concierge will be happy to assist you with arranging pet sitting services. Every effort should be made to refrain your pet from disturbing other guests. While staff are servicing your room, your pet should be with you and out of the room, or securely caged in the room with you present. Pet accidents should be reported immediately to Housekeeping. A cleaning fee may be applied to your folio by Housekeeping. Cats must have their own litter tray.
Suggested AI Generated Itinerary
- Breakfast: Drip Cafe - Cozy cafe serving breakfast and lunch options, located 0.2 miles from Hotel Du Pont.
- Lunch: La Fia - European-inspired bistro offering a seasonal menu, located 0.4 miles from Hotel Du Pont.
- Dinner: Domaine Hudson - Upscale American fare with a focus on local ingredients, located 0.3 miles from Hotel Du Pont.
- Activity: Delaware Art Museum - Explore a diverse collection of art spanning centuries, located 1.5 miles from Hotel Du Pont.
- Breakfast: Eclipse Bistro - Quaint cafe serving breakfast and brunch dishes, located 0.3 miles from Hotel Du Pont.
- Lunch: Iron Hill Brewery - Brewpub offering a variety of beers and American cuisine, located 0.5 miles from Hotel Du Pont.
- Dinner: Tonic Bar and Grille - Casual American eatery with a lively atmosphere, located 0.2 miles from Hotel Du Pont.
- Activity: Brandywine Zoo - Visit this small zoo featuring a range of animals, located 1.2 miles from Hotel Du Pont.