Clayton Lake a 170 acre state park that offers seasonal fishing, camping and an exceptional wildlife habitat. It is also dedicated as the Dark Sky Park for star gazing. Star parties are held every October.
Dinosaur Tracks are located in the spillway of the dam at Clayton State Park. Several of the tracks are unique and reported at only one other site in the world.
The Herzstein Museum in Clayton is an excellent small town museum, displaying cultural antiquities form 1876 through the turn of the century.
Capulin Volcano a National Monument about 6o miles North on Hwy 87, is the most perfect cinder cone on the continent.
Kiowa/Rita Blanca National Grasslands are open to the public for recreation, biking, hiking, wildlife viewing, hunting, fishing, and cherishing.
Black Mesa is located in the famed No Mans Land. It was a favorite hiding place for bandits in the 1800's because it lay within 2500 square miles unclaimed by any state, and without law or lawmen.
Exceptional customer service makes our Clayton hotel stand out and is the perfect complement to any trip, from business to leisure.
In Northeast New Mexico, travelers are introduced to the true meaning of the great outdoors with Clayton Lake a short drive away. Swimming and boating are summer time staples, and fishing is the sport of choice in this part of the region. For water lovers and those looking for a great way to keep cool during those sweltering summers, nothing beats a trip to the lake. To sweeten the deal, guests know they have cool, air conditioned accommodations waiting for them at the BEST WESTERN Kokopelli Lodge after a day on the water.
Clayton, NM hotels are known for hospitality, but it's taken to an entirely different level here. You're not 'just' a guest; you're family when staying here. We're proud to say that 40 percent of our guests are return visitors, proof that guests always come first and feel right at home at this Clayton hotel. A favorite stopover for those in between travels, when en route to Dallas, Albuquerque, Oklahoma City, Kansas City or Colorado, why not stay where there's a free hot breakfast and spacious, quiet rooms? The most important meal of the day is always on us and features some of New Mexico's finest green chili.
Kick off the morning with bottomless 100% Arabica coffee. All Clayton hotels put guests in a prime location, but it takes more to be a guest favorite. As a great stopping point between many places, our friendly staff members know how important it is to provide stellar service and accommodations. However, even for guests just stopping overnight, it's worth taking advantage of the wide open spaces and stopping by Dark Skies or the local Observatory. Few places provide such a stunning natural show as a night beneath the stars here.
Full Hot Breakfast, Free HSIA, Pet Friendly, Heated Outdoor Pool, Park, Fitness Room, Truck Parking.
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:
||All Rooms Have Exterior Hallways
|Non Smoking Rooms:
|Rooms with 1 Bed:
|Rooms with 2 Beds:
||Windows Don't Open
||0 sq. feet
||Holds 0 people
|Dist. to Food/Bars:
|Dist. to Nearest Gym:
Outdoor pool, seasonal, heated, pool towels available in the pool area. Hours are 6am to 10pm when Seasonally Open.
Policies / Expenses
For Individual Reservations the Cancelation Policy is before 6:00pm on Day of Arrival. Group Reservations must Cancel 2 weeks before Day of first arrival.
|Typical Group Deposit:
||10% Deposit 2 Weeks Prior to Arrival
|Total Misc Fees:
(mandatory resort fees/taxes)
Amenities / Features
Yes! Pets are allowed.
Pets allowed based on the availability of pet friendly rooms. Up to 2 dogs per room with a 80 pound weight limit. Additional pet types (cats, birds, etc) may be accepted at the hotel's discretion. Pet rate is $10.00 per day, per pet with a $100 per week maximum.
Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee. And a few gluten free breakfast Items.
Internet / WiFI
Wireless internet connection in public areas and in rooms.
About Best Western International
- 4000+ independently owned hotels located in over 100 countries
- Best Western Rewards is a free program where members can earn 10 points for every dollar spent or arline/partner rewards for each night stay. With no blackout dates and points that never expire, whats not love?
- 3 hotel types: Best Western, Best Western Plus, and Best Western Premiere
- Best Western offers exceptional value with great amenities including free breakfast, high-speed internet, local calls, and lond distance access. Convenient computer room in the lobby area perfect for copy and fax services, and even printing out boarding passes, maps, etc.
- Best Western Plus offers upgraded bath amenities, an in-room mini-fridge, and a spacious work desk. Fitness room, laundry room, and business center also available. Free breakfast, high-speed internet, local calls, and long distance access
- Best Western Premiere gives guests the highest quality amenties, furnishings, and decor with personalized guest services. All rooms have a safe, mini-fridge, free high-speed internet access, free local and long distance calls, and an LCD or Plasma TV with HD channels. On-site dining, fitness room, business center, snack shop, and meeting rooms
The Best Western International highlights above are subject to change without notice.