HEM Hotel Amsterdam is situated in the centre southwest part of Amsterdam. The hotel is located directly at the ring road and offers ample parking space for coaches and cars. Public transport is at just two minutes walking distance and will take you from and to the city centre in approximately 15 minutes. The trip to the RAI convention centre will take you 20 minutes. The main tourist attractions are easy to reach by public transport or by bicycle. You can rent your bicycle at the reception.All rooms are modern furnished and equipped with shower and toilet in the bathroom, colour-television, Pay TV and the majority of the rooms offers air-conditioning as well. Pay Web 3000 (wireless Internet) throughout the building. The hotel has two elevators.The restaurant has a smoking and non-smoking area and offers all meals in an abundant buffet style. The cosy bar is open from 10.00 till 01.00 hours and our staff serves drinks, snacks and sandwiches.Furthermore, the hotel offers four conference rooms, fully equipped for up to 180 persons. Conference packages can be offered tailor-made. For our guests we also provide online wireless internet access.
What you need to know
Nearby Attractions – Situated near the A10 highway in the southwest area of Amsterdam, the HEM Hotel Amsterdam offers shuttle service to the Schiphol Airport and is easily reached by public transportation or personal vehicle. Visitors enjoy the rich history of the city in museums such as the Anne Frank House and Van Gogh museum, theatres, clubs, ancient canals, stunning architecture, restaurants, events, and more. The World Fashion Centre and RAI congress halls are nearby, too. Outside of the city centre but within the surrounding area, check out the flower fields and windmills, Delft’s blue pottery and Kassmarkt (cheese market) for which Amsterdam is perhaps best known.
Hotel Features – Renovated in 2007, the HEM Hotel Amsterdam features contemporary design, air conditioning in most rooms, wireless Internet access, laundry service, parking facilities, a lounge and bar, food corner, and restaurant that serves breakfast each morning. Meeting space is available for those traveling on business. The reception desk is staffed 24 hours a day with multilingual personnel who are ready to meet the needs of their guests.
Guest Rooms – In 2008, the HEM Hotel Amsterdam became a 100 percent smoke-free property, where each spacious, well appointed room (including singles, doubles, triples, and four-person accommodations) is equipped with the comforts and conveniences of home. Some rooms even include a Jacuzzi. Wireless Internet access and cable TV are available for a fee, as is an in-room safe deposit box. Most rooms have a hair dryer, and wake-up calls may be scheduled should you need to catch an early morning flight.
Expert Tip - For those desiring more budget-friendly (or extended stay) accommodations, the HEM Hotel Amsterdam offers hostel rooms, private twins with a shower, toilet, TV, phone, and wardrobe. Guests in the HEM Hostel enjoy many of the same amenities as standard hotel guests, such as daily housekeeping, shuttle service, and access to the lounge and restaurant.
Details / Other Expenses
|Check In: ||03:00 |
|Check Out: ||03:00 |
|Year of Last Renovation: ||2004 |
|Floors: ||5 |
|Rooms: ||317 |
|Non Smoking Rooms: ||317 |
|Handicap Rooms: || |
|Suites: ||0 |
|Meeting Rooms: ||0 | Policies / Expenses
Individual 48 hours prior to arrival and Groups 3 months prior to arrival
|Nightly Parking: ||€ 13 |
|Typical Group Deposit: ||100% |
|Total Taxes: || 9.00% |
|Total Misc Fees: ||$0.00 USD |
(mandatory resort fees/taxes)
Amenities / Features
Airport & Shuttle Information
Schiphol Airport can be reached within 15 minutes by train, bus, car or the Connexxion Airport shuttle bus.
Airport Shuttle? Sorry
airport shuttle available.
Sorry, pets are not allowed.
About Best Western International
- 4000+ independently owned hotels located in over 100 countries
- Best Western Rewards is a free program where members can earn 10 points for every dollar spent or airline/partner rewards for each night stay. With no blackout dates and points that never expire, whats not love?
- 3 hotel types: Best Western, Best Western Plus, and Best Western Premiere
- Best Western offers exceptional value with great amenities including free breakfast, high-speed internet, local calls, and lond distance access. Convenient computer room in the lobby area perfect for copy and fax services, and even printing out boarding passes, maps, etc.
- Best Western Plus offers upgraded bath amenities, an in-room mini-fridge, and a spacious work desk. Fitness room, laundry room, and business center also available. Free breakfast, high-speed internet, local calls, and long distance access
- Best Western Premiere gives guests the highest quality amenties, furnishings, and decor with personalized guest services. All rooms have a safe, mini-fridge, free high-speed internet access, free local and long distance calls, and an LCD or Plasma TV with HD channels. On-site dining, fitness room, business center, snack shop, and meeting rooms
The Best Western International highlights above are subject to change without notice.