Verified Reviews of The Desoto
Below are the verified reviews from guests that we have booked recently:
"Wedding Block Review!"
Overall Score2.0/ 5
We reserved a block for our wedding. The sales manager was very helpful in arranging our block, however, the front desk and customer service was horrible. We left a number of gift bags at the front desk, which were to be given to the guests in our block. Unfortunately, the front desk never handed the gift bags to our guests. We spent a great amount of time, as well as money, on these bags and it was a frustrating to learn that no one received them. We were not given an explanation and when we went to retrieve the gift bags, the front desk employees were a bit rude and short with us. Our guests also informed us that the front desk was short and rude with them as well when checking in. The sales manager was very helpful and the hotel is very nice, however, we were left disappointed as a result of the front desk.
Verified Review, stayed from Fri Oct 27 to Sun Oct 29 2017 at a $189.00 group rate (27% discount).
Response from Management on 06-Nov-2017:
Customer Reviews of The Desoto
Located in the center of historic downtown on a tree-lined boulevard, The DeSoto is indeed “the place” to stay while in Savannah and well known for its gracious southern hospitality. You can step outside our doors and take a carriage tour, browse quaint antique shops or walk to famous landmarks like River Street and City Market.
In addition to our convenient location, the hotel features 246 guestrooms, many of which afford beautiful views of Savannah and the Savannah River. Each guestroom is furnished with an iron/board, hair dryer, coffee maker and dual phones with data ports to help assure a comfortable stay for your attendees.
Some of the “green” initiatives that take place here at The DeSoto come from many areas- some are seen and many are not visible to the public:
• Linen Re-use program giving guests the option to reuse their linens; card in room describing program.
• Lights and equipment awareness program to ensure that public areas are ‘darkened’ when not in use.
• All lights are turned out in vacant guest rooms, guest room sheer curtain and black out curtain are pulled completely closed in order to help maintain temperature.
• Office purchasing of recycled paper and participate in recycling of ink cartridges for printers.
• Utilization of an all-in-one copier, fax, scanner to save on electricity.
• Recycling of paper for interoffice reports, in addition to printing on back and front as an office best practice
• Implementation of fluorescent energy efficient lighting.
• All lobby restroom toilets and urinals have been retrofitted to automatic, low flush (water flow).
• All lobby restroom sinks operate with motion detecting valves and the valve orifices reduce the amount of water sent to the drain.
• Variable frequency drives are installed on facility pumps, motors, and other operating systems to reduce electrical demand and deliver only the power required.
• Heating/Cooling System allows for air quality, heating ventilation, and cooling system efficiency through sequencing of facility chiller units, carbon dioxide checks, and reporting.
• Use of drip irrigation to reduce water usage
• Starting to implement process on converting waste cooking oil into fuel for boilers
• Super efficient low NOX boilers
• Durable Service Items: We use dishes, cups, glasses, mugs, tableware and serving pieces that are long-lasting, not disposable.
• Purchase of local seafood whenever possible
• Purchase of local organic vegetables when available
• Sustainable banquet menu available with free-range chicken, seasonal and signature South Georgia ingredients, Wild Georgia Shrimp
• Donate extra food to associate cafeteria
• Use of eMenus, eProposals, and digital contracts
• Linens and guest room hard/soft goods donated to charity seasonally to cut down on landfill waste
• The DeSoto recommends using pitchers of water at meetings, rather than bottled water
• Energy/safety steering committee comprised of an employee representative from each are of the hotel meets monthly to discuss and brainstorm on ways we can conserve
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:
||All Rooms Have Interior Hallways
|Non Smoking Rooms:
||Windows Do Open
||0 sq. feet
||Holds 0 people
|Dist. to Food/Bars:
|Dist. to 24hr Restaurant:
|Dist. to Nearest Gym:
||12pm - 12am
Outdoor pool and sun patio, seasonal cabana bar.
Policies / Expenses
|Typical Group Deposit:
|Total Misc Fees:
(mandatory resort fees/taxes)
|Food and Beverage Tax:
|Audio Visual Tax:
|| 5.00 Per Night (State Transportation Fee)
|| 0.00 Per Night
||30.00 Per Night
|| 0.00 Per Day
|Additional Person Fee:
||10.00 Per Person
|Rooms Wireless Internet Fee:
|| 0.00 Per Day
|Meeting Wireless Internet Fee:
||250.00 Per Day
|Additional Room Fees:
|| 5.00 Per Night
|Food and Beverage Service Charge:
|Audio Visual Service Charge:
|Avg. Continental Breakfast Cost:
||28.00 Per Person
|Avg. Plated Breakfast Cost:
||32.00 Per Person
|Avg. Buffet Breakfast Cost:
||36.00 Per Person
|Avg. Plated Lunch Cost:
||44.50 Per Person
|Avg. Buffet Lunch Cost:
||49.50 Per Person
|Avg. Boxed Lunch Cost:
||31.00 Per Person
|Avg. Plated Dinner Cost:
||77.00 Per Person
|Avg. Buffet Dinner Cost:
||79.00 Per Person
|Morning Break Cost:
||15.50 Per Person
|Afternoon Break Cost:
||15.50 Per Person
|Banquet Gallon of Coffee:
||72.00 Per Person
|| 5.00 Per Person
|Banquet Bottled Water:
|| 5.00 Per Person
|Banquet Reception w Hors d'oeuvres:
||76.00 Per Person/Per Hour
Amenities / Features
Yes! Pets are allowed.
Service Animals only
Airport & Shuttle Information
Hilton Head-Savannah International Airport 14 miles, 20 minute drive.
Local Shuttle Info: Shuttle services available at an additional fee schedule through K-Shuttle. Taxi services available current rates are $28.00 one way
Airport Shuttle? Sorry
airport shuttle available.
Full southern breakfast available on-site, in addition quick items to go at our lobby kiosk offering fresh pastries, Savannah Coffee Roaster's coffee
We have 2 levels of underground valet only parking, currently at $25 per night. Includes full in and out privileges. Clearance height is 6'2"
Internet / WiFI
Currently standard wi-fi is offered on a complimentary basis in guest rooms and public areas of the hotel, including bar, restaurant and hotel lobby.
Hilton Savannah Desoto