The area offers peace and tranquility, country walks, fishing, golf, cycling and horse riding all year round, plus the chance to enjoy French rural charm in local villages and towns. Lake Vassiviere is just 30 minutes drive away for summer picnics and swimming. Winter sports are available within a 2 hour drive at Mont d'Or.
People in Limousin are proud of the fantastic food produced here, especially the beef, pork and lamb, and believe in good farming methods. There are also excellent river fish to enjoy (especially if you've caught them yourself!). Many regional specialities use the wide variety of mushrooms common here, as well as chestnuts, walnuts and fruit. The liqueurs made from pears, prunes, chestnuts and walnuts are strong and delicious. Puddings are mouth-watering, and clafoutis with its creaminess and contrasting tartness of the cherries really is very good. Treipaï³ is the pudding for the chocolate lover, made with chocolate and chestnuts, on a biscuity sort of base, traditionally made in a
You will find Sunset House on the edge of a small market town among the green, rolling hills of Limousin's famously beautiful countryside.
Continental breakfasts are included in the room rates. Full English breakfasts, lunches, evening meals and Barbecues are optional. See Table d'hotes for details on the provided meals
You will find everything you could want for the perfect stay:
* A warm and friendly welcome from your British hosts
* Complimentary welcome drink of wine, beer or soft drink upon arrival
* Free hot drinks and fruit in the dining room throughout your stay
* Clean and comfortable accommodation
* Delicious home-cooked meals prepared by our professional chef
* Extensive grounds with free use of Sunset House's Private Pool
* Four Sun terraces
* Spacious guest lounge (British TV and DVD)
* Free parking
* Free Wi-fi internet connection
* Highly competitive rates
* Property finding assistance for house-hunters **
* East access to France's motorway network (15 minutes); to Limoges International Airport (35 minutes); and to countless enchanting towns, ancient churches and fairytale chateaux (all on your doorstep)
Details / Other Expenses
|Year of Last Renovation:
|Non Smoking Rooms:
Policies / Expenses
payment on first day of arrival
meals etc on the last day , early departure no refund.
Amenities / Features
Yes! Pets are allowed.
Airport & Shuttle Information
Limoges 50 kms
Poitiers 70 kms
Taxi 120 euros
airport pickup 40 euros
Airport Shuttle? Yes!
There is an airport shuttle.