Verified Reviews of Best Western The Plaza Hotel Below are the verified reviews from guests that we have booked recently:
"Sleepless and disturbed in Hawaii"
Overall Score1.0/ 5
Room 1104 - Avoid this room like the plague. Directly above the room is the gym. It is difficult to describe the noise heard and felt in the room. If you are in this room, it will annoy you from early morning through 10:00pm. We would often stay out later than 10:00 to reduce our stress levels in the room. This is not an insignificant amount of noise. The noise in this room from the elevator is intolerable. All day, all night it is as if a train is passing through the hallway. We purchased a white noise machine and a box fan to try and drown out the rumble. This was only partially successful. After complaining about the noise on the last few days, we were told we could move to another room. We had only a few days left to our two week stay and had a lot of luggage so we decided to tough it out. We were told by the front desk more than four times that we were the first people to complain about the noise. Those comments serve to minimize the customers experience and we received the comments as a denial of the obvious. Only a person who is totally deaf and devoid of ability to sense vibrations would not notice the noise. (I won't even go into street noise). We also wonder why the hotel would book anyone into this room given the level of disturbing noise and vibration. I would challenge the manager to spend a few days in this room with his wife and get a customer's experience. The beds were horribly uncomfortable, hard and cheap. We purchased a memory foam mattress to put on top of the bed. That helped but I can say this is the first hotel we have ever stayed in that we had to purchase so many things to make the stay tolerable. Parking was $30.00 a day. I have no words. We usually stay in 4 star hotels and valet park for less than that. What should have been a relaxing visit to Hawaii was not at all relaxing. We will not return nor would we recommend this hotel.
26-Apr-2014 Verified Review, stayed from Tue Apr 15 to Sat Apr 26 2014 at a $129.33 average nightly rate.
Customer Reviews of Best Western The Plaza Hotel
Best Western the Plaza Hotel is a newly renvoated non smoking hotel located one block from Honolulu International Airport. Free 24 hour shuttle to/from airport. 274 room hotel offers free high speed internet access in all rooms, free local phone calls, outdoor Swimming Pool, Sun Deck, Affordable Parking, Laundry Facilities and Sundry Shop. The Plaza Cafe' offers complimentary continental breakfast buffet daily.
Green Key Program
Details / Other Expenses
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Year of Last Renovation:||2008|
|Corridors:||All Rooms Have Interior Hallways|
|Non Smoking Rooms:||274|
|Room Windows:||Windows Don't Open|
|Meeting Rooms:||3 |
|Meeting Space:||0 sq. feet|
|Banquet Space:||Holds 0 people|
|Dist. to Food/Bars:|| 0.5 Mi |
|Dist. to 24hr Restaurant:|| 4.0 Mi |
|Dist. to Nearest Gym:|| On-site |
Outdoor pool; open 7 days a week; from 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Policies / Expenses
3 days prior to day of arrival
|Typical Group Deposit:||1 nite deposit|
|Total Misc Fees:||$0.00 USD |
(mandatory resort fees/taxes)
|State Tax:|| 4.71%|
|Occupancy Tax:|| 9.25%|
|Resort/Hotel Fee:|| 0.00 Per Night|
|Parking Fee:||15.00 Per Night|
|Additional Person Fee:||30.00 Per Person|
|Rooms Wireless Internet Fee:|| 0.00 Per Day|
|Rooms Wired Internet Fee:|| 0.00 Per Day|
|Meeting Wireless Internet Fee:|| 0.00 Per Day|
|Meeting Wired Internet Fee:|| 0.00 Per Day|
Amenities / Features Pet Friendly? Sorry, pets are not allowed.
Airport & Shuttle Information
All new renovated guestrooms. Hotel is located at entrance to Honolulu International Airport, we offer a 24 hour free airport shuttle, Waikiki,high speed internet access in all guest rooms, complimentary deluxe breakfast buffet included in rate
Local Shuttle Info: 24 hour complimentary shuttle, guest must call for pick up
Airport Shuttle? Yes!
There is an airport shuttle.
Breakfast is serve daily, ala carte in the Plaza Cafe. Prices range from $8 - $24 for complete American breakfast
About Best Western International
- 4000+ independently owned hotels located in over 100 countries
- Best Western Rewards is a free program where members can earn 10 points for every dollar spent or arline/partner rewards for each night stay. With no blackout dates and points that never expire, whats not love?
- 3 hotel types: Best Western, Best Western Plus, and Best Western Premiere
- Best Western offers exceptional value with great amenities including free breakfast, high-speed internet, local calls, and lond distance access. Convenient computer room in the lobby area perfect for copy and fax services, and even printing out boarding passes, maps, etc.
- Best Western Plus offers upgraded bath amenities, an in-room mini-fridge, and a spacious work desk. Fitness room, laundry room, and business center also available. Free breakfast, high-speed internet, local calls, and long distance access
- Best Western Premiere gives guests the highest quality amenties, furnishings, and decor with personalized guest services. All rooms have a safe, mini-fridge, free high-speed internet access, free local and long distance calls, and an LCD or Plasma TV with HD channels. On-site dining, fitness room, business center, snack shop, and meeting rooms
The Best Western International highlights above are subject to change without notice.