When Is the Best Time to Visit Wexford, PA?
Early fall is the high season in Allegheny County and the surrounding region, as tourists flock to the area for a glimpse of Pennsylvania's beautiful autumn foliage. The weather is pleasant through the summer months, so June through August are also popular. If you don't mind a bit of a chill, you can save money on lodging by coming to Wexford in late fall or early winter. Spring is also a good time to find hotel discounts, particularly during March when it's still fairly wet in Wexford.
Below is a chart of the current pricing seasonality of hotels and motels in Wexford, PA:
Wexford, PA: Prices by Star Rating Class
Below are 3 charts illustrating avg. price trends by star rating class in Wexford, PA. Browse these charts to determine the best time period to stay in Wexford for any future trips.
What Are the Best Hotels in Wexford, PA for Luxury?
4 Star Average Prices: $170.14
Travelers who want a five-star experience in the Wexford area have several hotels to choose from in Pittsburgh, which is only about 12 miles from downtown Wexford. These are the tried-and-true four-star and five-star properties that get rave reviews:
• Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh is a downtown boutique hotel with panache located in the Beaux Arts-style James H. Reed building circa 1903, and it has a completely renovated interior. Guests enjoy 24-hour room service, a yoga mat in every room, an on-site fitness center, high-end Atelier Bloom bath products, complimentary morning coffee and tea and evening wine, same-day laundry and dry cleaning, and complimentary loaner bicycles. This property also offers a central location near the PPG Paints Arena.
• Within a few blocks of the Kimpton, you'll find another luxurious option: the Cambria Hotel Pittsburgh Downtown. This chic hotel was recently renovated and boasts the perfect combination of homey comforts and first-class amenities. You'll appreciate features like the fitness center with an indoor pool, craft cocktails and comfort food at the gourmet on-site restaurant, and the patio and sports bar just steps away from PPG Paints Arena. Each guest room includes luxury linens, a flat-screen TV, free wireless internet, a refrigerator, and a microwave. Take advantage of laundry facilities as well as same-day dry cleaning and available room service.
• Hyatt Place Pittsburgh North Shore is a highly regarded property offering easy access to the Carnegie Science Center and Heinz Field. Guests enjoy a pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and in-room workout and meditation videos on demand. Each room is appointed with a 42-inch HDTV, free wireless internet with remote printing, spa-style bathrooms with granite counters, and premium beds and linens. Guests also appreciate this hotel's complimentary organic breakfast.
What Are the Best Affordable Hotel Options in Wexford, PA?
3 Star Average Prices: $114.68
Econo Lodge features a convenient location in downtown Wexford plus low room rates that make it a smart pick for travelers who want to save a dime or three. This Choice Hotels property is a favorite of sports fans because of its proximity to Heinz Field. Guests enjoy free wireless internet in every room, free continental breakfast, free daily newspapers, an on-site fitness center, available laundry, and valet dry cleaning.
Located less than 5 miles from Wexford in Pittsburgh proper, Home2 Suites Pittsburgh/McCandless is a Hilton property designed for extended stays. The comfortable, convenient kitchenette studios and the affordable room rate make this hotel perfect for anyone who wants to cut costs on their trip to Wexford. Home2 Suites features free wireless internet, free hot breakfast, a fitness center, an indoor pool, and a business center. Pets are even welcome at this quiet, attractive property.
Another property designed for extended stays but appealing to budget-minded guests is the Staybridge Suites Pittsburgh Cranberry Township. Also close to Wexford, this property offers expansive suites with spacious work areas, fully equipped kitchens, and free wireless internet. You'll also find on-site laundry facilities, a heated indoor pool, picnic facilities with barbecue grills, and a fitness center. The hotel also hosts regular social events for its guests.
2 Star Average Prices: $95.86
Where Will I Find the Best Hotel Discounts in Wexford, PA?
Discount programs for seniors, military members, and other special interest groups make Wexford hotels even more affordable. These are our picks for the area hotels with the best available savings:
• Located a short drive from Wexford in nearby Mars, Pennsylvania, the Comfort Inn Mars is a Choice Hotels property with low starting room rates and great discounts for senior citizens, AARP members, members of AAA and CAA (the Canadian equivalent), military members, and federal and state government employees. This hotel features free high-speed wireless internet, free continental breakfast, an exercise room, and available valet cleaning service. Guests can also book accommodations that welcome pets.
• Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Wexford Sewickley is ideal for bargain hunters set on staying right in Wexford. This Hilton property offers spacious rooms that have special rates for AARP members, AAA members, government employees, and senior citizens. In addition to the central location, you'll enjoy free hot breakfast, free wireless internet, free parking, a fitness center, an indoor pool, a business center, and available meeting rooms.
• Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Cranberry offers 3.5-star amenities along with generous discounts for AAA members, AARP members, senior citizens, and government and military employees. Guests of this property will appreciate the spacious, newly renovated rooms that each come with a 42-inch TV, free wireless internet, and premium Hilton bedding. You can also take advantage of two on-site restaurants, a 24-hour fitness center, a sauna, an indoor pool, guest laundry, and a 24-hour business center.
Which Wexford, PA Hotels Offer the Best Value?
When you want to trim your vacation budget without sacrificing amenities or location, consider these high-value properties in the Wexford area:
• Not far from Wexford in Cranberry Township, the 3.5-star Pittsburgh Marriott North is a spacious, comfortable, pet-friendly property. Guests enjoy in-room features like high-end bedding, an ergonomic workstation, and room service. You can also upgrade to concierge status for access to the lounge. The hotel also features a fitness center, indoor pool, and a Starbucks coffee bar along with proximity to local hiking trails.
• The 3.5-star Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport South Robinson Mall is ideal for travelers who are flying into the city. This property features unmatched city views and a desirable location within walking distance to the Robinson Town Center Mall. Amenities include free wireless internet, a 24-hour indoor pool and fitness center, an on-site restaurant serving three meals every day, free airport shuttle service, and in-room mini fridges, microwaves, and coffee makers.
• Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranberry Woods is another Cranberry Township property that provides a notable value for Wexford travelers. Enjoy plush premium bedding, flat-screen TVs with premium cable channels including movies, free wireless internet, an indoor pool, an impressive on-site fitness center, and an on-site Bistro with cocktails and gourmet fare for dinner along with breakfast service.
What Should I See and Do in Wexford, PA?
Shenot Farm and Market, a sixth-generation family farm, goes far beyond the offerings at your average farm store. In addition to delicious produce in more than 60 different varieties, visitors to the market can enjoy homemade fudge, apple cider, hay rides, field trips, and fun holiday events. This is a great way to spend a morning with the family while exploring Wexford.
Soergel Orchards, another local farm, offers pick-your-own pumpkins and apples when they're in season. The market here serves gourmet foods and take-out, fresh-made pies and baked goods, and locally-made wine. You can even arrange for a fresh Thanksgiving turkey.
If you have a penchant for antiques, make a stop at the Wexford General Store. Family-owned since 1966, this antiques emporium displays and sells the wares from 20 expert local dealers. You'll find stained glass, original artwork, furniture, collectibles, toys, jewelry, rare books, and so much more.
Even if you don't participate in the sport, the Knob Hill Disc Golf Course is the ideal place to take a relaxing stroll in Wexford. This course, which is certified by the Professional Disc Golf Association, features long straightaways and sharp dips that make it appropriate for new and seasoned players alike.
Speaking of nature, as mentioned earlier Wexford is adjacent to beautiful North Park. Here, you can enjoy a beautiful lakefront green space that offers hiking and biking trails, ice skating, boating, fishing, paddle boarding, and much more. The standout of this park is Gravity Hill, an optical illusion where it appears that if you shift your car into neutral, it looks like it's moving up the hill all by itself. You'll find this magic trick at the corner of Kinney and Kummer roads within the park.
Whether you choose to stay in a luxurious property in downtown Pittsburgh or prefer modest lodging right in small-town Wexford, you'll enjoy the sights, tastes, and sounds of this vibrant metropolitan area.
FAQs about hotels in Wexford
How much does a cheap hotel in Wexford cost per night?
In the last year, a 2 star hotel in Wexford can be as cheap as $95.86 per night. (based on HotelPlanner prices)
How much does a 3 star hotel in Wexford cost per night?
In the last year, the average 3 star hotel in Wexford has been $114.68 per night. (based on HotelPlanner prices)
How much does a higher-end hotel in Wexford cost?
In the last year, the average 4 star hotel in Wexford has been $170.14 per night. (based on HotelPlanner prices)