When Is the Best Time to Visit Woodside, CA?
Fall is the high season for travel to San Francisco, since the Bay Area tends to see its warmer temperatures from September through November. You can also take advantage of lower shoulder season prices for lodging when you travel in late fall/early winter or during the summer months. Summer also brings some of the city's most exciting festivals and events, including San Francisco Pride in June, Fillmore Street Jazz Festival in July, and Outside Lands Music Festival in August. Spring is also popular and tends to be busier and higher priced because of the mild temperatures and limited rainfall.
Below is a chart of the current pricing seasonality of hotels and motels in Woodside, CA:
Averate Rates by Star Rating
Below are 3 charts displaying average nightly cost trends by star rating class in Woodside, CA. Analyze these charts to evaluate the best months to book a room in Woodside during the year.
What Are the Top Hotels in Woodside, CA for Luxury?
4 Star Average Prices: $179.34
Travelers to Woodside who want a five-star experience have several exceptional properties to choose from within a 5 to 10 minute drive from the center of town. Some of our favorite hotels in the area include:
• The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay is a five-star property located on the coast of the Pacific Ocean, boasting unmatched panoramic water views. At this stunning cliffside resort, you can relax in Adirondack chairs by the outdoor fire pits, have seasonally inspired wellness treatments at the onsite spa, or enjoy locally grown wines at the lounge. Guests enjoy two championship golf courses on the resort property, two restaurants highlighting local seafood and produce, six lighted tennis courts, access to a private concierge, a state-of-the-art fitness center. Each room and suite features an expansive marble bathroom with a rainfall shower and soaking tub, 100% cotton linens, and a smart TV with access to streaming services.
• The Clement Hotel offers guests an all-inclusive resort experience minutes from Woodside. This intimate Palo Alto boutique property boasts a rooftop pool, a 24-hour guest pantry for snacks and treats, and three meals a day in the gourmet Open Kitchen restaurant. The price of each room includes all gratuities, valet parking, twice-daily housekeeping, an overnight shoe shine, high-speed internet, all meals, drinks, and snacks, and access to the onsite fitness center.
• Also in Palo Alto, the Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto is ideal for foodies because of its diverse selection of on-site fine dining options. Each spacious, finely appointed guest room or suite features down bedding, premium bath products, a flat-screen smart TV with DVR recording capabilities, a mini Bose speaker dock, 24-hour room service, twice-daily housekeeping, free internet access, a private in-room bar, and 24-hour concierge service. The Four Seasons property also boasts a high-end spa, seasonal rooftop pool with private cabanas, 24-hour fitness center, valet parking, steam room, available private yoga classes, tailoring, laundry, and dry cleaning.
What Are the Best Budget Hotels in Woodside, CA?
3 Star Average Prices: $136.65
Although you won't find lodging in Woodside because of the municipality's strict development regulations, you will find some outstanding properties at affordable rates within just a few miles. The best choices for budget travelers include the following:
• Americas Best Value Inn Milpitas Silicon Valley, located about 20 miles away near the Great Mall of the Bay Area, is one of the most affordable local hotels. This AAA 2-Diamond property gets high ratings for its large, comfortable rooms that feature 80 cable TV channels, including HBO, mini fridges, microwaves, hair dryers, coffee makers, and free wireless internet. All guests receive free continental breakfast. Weekly and monthly discount rates are available for long-term travelers.
• La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Francisco Airport is a 2.5-star property located less than 20 miles from Woodside. The convenient airport proximity makes it easy to grab an Uber or a cab and enjoy everything the city has to offer. This hotel features free wireless internet, free breakfast, and updated guest rooms with available pet-friendly accommodations. You can also enjoy free shuttle service, a fitness center, and a seasonal outdoor pool.
• Good Nite Inn Fremont Silicon Valley is another budget option within 20 miles of Woodside. At this affordable property, you'll appreciate the easy to access location just off Interstate 80. Guests enjoy an outdoor pool and newly renovated rooms appointed with flat-screen HD TVs, free wireless internet, and hair dryers. You can also take advantage of free coffee and tea in the hotel lobby each morning of your stay.